Homemade cookies and cream popsicles are vegan, dairy-free, and taste like ice cream! The easy recipe is made with coconut milk, Oreos, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. There’s no cream, no yogurt, and no stovetop needed for this dessert. It’s a fun and refreshing treat to make with the kids this summer!
If you’re a cookies and cream lover, these homemade popsicles will be your go-to frozen treat for summer. They are incredibly easy to make and contain just 4 ingredients: coconut milk, maple syrup, Oreos, and vanilla extract.
This dessert comes together in about 10 minutes with just one bowl and a popsicle mold. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for them to freeze. Don’t worry though, you can prepare them ahead of time and store in the freezer to enjoy all season long! When a craving strikes or you need to cool off from the heat, these Oreo popsicles will be waiting.
These cookies and cream popsicles are:
- Vegan and dairy-free
- A quick, easy, and effortless dessert
- Made with no cream and no yogurt
- Great for summertime and hot weather
- Naturally sweetened with maple syrup
- Customizable with optional toppings
- A make ahead dessert // freezer-friendly
Ingredients in homemade Oreo popsicles
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk is the main ingredient in these dairy-free popsicles. Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk. It should have around 14 grams of fat per serving. I love and recommend the Native Forest brand from Edward & Sons.
- Sandwich cookies: We’ll use Oreos, also known as chocolate sandwich cookies, to achieve the classic cookies and cream flavor. Feel free to use any brand as there are several to choose from.
- Maple syrup: In order to make this dessert a bit healthier, we’ll using real maple syrup instead of refined cane sugar.
- Vanilla extract: A dash of vanilla extract makes the popsicles sweeter and helps them taste like vanilla ice cream.
How to make cookies and cream popsicles with coconut milk
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
First, place the chocolate sandwich cookies in a sealed bag. Using a rolling pin or a glass, roll/press the cookies to crush them into small bits and pieces. Fill each popsicle mold ¾ full with the crushed cookies.
Next, vigorously shake the cans of coconut milk. In a large bowl, add coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
Then, pour the coconut milk mixture into each popsicle mold. Again, stop when they are about ¾ full. Tap the popsicle molds against the countertop to remove any air bubbles. Carefully cover and insert popsicle sticks into the molds.
Finally, freeze popsicles for 4 hours or until completely firm. After, gently remove and enjoy!
Recipe variations for coconut milk popsicles
Use your favorite cookies. Instead of chocolate sandwich cookies, you can use another type of crunchy cookie. Try it with chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter sandwich cookies, snickerdoodle cookies, golden Oreos, and more.
Add a chocolate drizzle. After freezing these cookies and cream popsicles, you can decorate them with a dark chocolate drizzle or white chocolate drizzle on top.
Dip them in chocolate. If you’re a major chocolate lover, you can dip the entire popsicle in melted chocolate. Simply fill a large glass with melted chocolate, dip the popsicle into it, tap off any excess, and transfer back into the freezer immediately.
Decorate the popsicles. Whether you add a chocolate drizzle or cover the entire popsicle in chocolate, don’t forget to decorate them! Add rainbow sprinkles, crushed nuts, chocolate chips, and more.
How to store Oreo popsicles
Store these coconut milk popsicles inside a sealed container. Use a piece of parchment paper between each popsicle to prevent them from sticking together. They will keep fresh for up to 2 months in the freezer.
More desserts using coconut milk
If you try these Cookies and Cream Popsicles, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
Homemade cookies and cream popsicles are vegan, dairy-free, and taste like ice cream! The recipe is made with coconut milk, Oreos, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Prepare them in 10 minutes without yogurt and no dairy. These Oreo popsicles are an easy frozen treat for kids during the summer! #popsicles #cookiesandcream #oreo #oreos #coconutmilk #summerdessert #frozentreat
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 sandwich cookies or oreo cookies
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in a sealed bag. Using a rolling pin, roll and press the cookies to crush them into small pieces. Fill each popsicle mold ¾ full with the crushed cookies.
- Vigorously shake the cans of coconut milk to mix the contents inside. Add coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into each popsicle mold, filling ¾ full. Tap the popsicle molds against the countertop to remove any air bubbles. Carefully cover and insert a popsicle stick into each mold.
- Freeze the popsicles for 4 hours or until firm. After, gently remove and enjoy!
- How to store: Store popsicles inside a sealed container. Use a piece of parchment paper between each popsicle to prevent them from sticking together. They will keep fresh for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- How to sweeten: For a sweeter flavor, you can use ½ cup maple syrup.
- Recipe variations: You can use any crunchy cookie, like chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodle cookies, vanilla sandwich cookies, golden Oreos, and more.
- Decorating the popsicles: You can add a chocolate drizzle on top or dip the entire popsicle into melted chocolate. Read the full blog post for further instructions on this.
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 16.5g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: cookies and cream popsicles, oreo popsicles recipe, vegan coconut popsicles
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!