This vegan chocolate tart is an easy no-bake dessert! The recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, oil-free, and made with healthy ingredients like almond flour and coconut milk. The soft and chewy crust is filled with a silky-smooth chocolate ganache. It’s rich, decadent, and perfect for chocolate lovers!
If you LOVE chocolate, this tart will be your new favorite dessert. The soft and chewy, chocolatey crust is filled with a rich, creamy, silky-smooth chocolate ganache. As if the double chocolate action wasn’t enough already, we’ll decorate it with chocolate chips for a triple chocolate extravaganza! It’s a swoon-worthy treat that can certainly satisfy any chocolate craving.
Despite its fancy appearance, this tart recipe is surprisingly easy to make. It requires two bowls, a microwave, and a tart pan. That’s right – no oven and no food processor needed!
You may recognize the crust if you’ve tried my No Bake Peanut Butter Brownie Cups already. I adore those little brownie cups, so I adapted the recipe to create a no-bake chocolate tart… which is, essentially, an enormous brownie cup (if you really think about it). I already know I will be making a dozen variations of this dessert, so get ready for more to come. This is just the beginning of our no-bake-tart love affair!
This chocolate tart recipe is:
- Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and oil-free
- Made with 8 ingredients // no butter and no eggs
- Naturally sweetened with maple syrup
- Easy to make & prepared with no food processor
- A healthy no-bake dessert recipe
- Great for celebrations, birthdays, and special occasions
What is a vegan chocolate tart made of?
- Almond flour: This type of flour is made from finely ground almonds. It is full of nutrients and safe to consume raw, making it the perfect choice for a healthy no-bake tart recipe. It is best to use a blanched superfine variety, such as the Bob’s Red Mill brand.
- Nut butter: Use your favorite type of nut butter, such as almond, peanut, or cashew. I believe natural nut butters work best, or at least those with a slightly runnier consistency.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder (or cacao powder) adds rich chocolate flavor.
- Maple syrup: Real maple syrup is a natural sweetener, which allows the crust to remain refined sugar-free.
- Chocolate chips: The chocolate filling is mainly made from chocolate chips (as well as coconut milk). Choose your favorite type of chocolate, but make sure it is dairy-free if you are aiming for a vegan tart.
- Coconut milk: Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk. You can find “regular” and “light” canned coconut milk at grocery stores near the rice and noodles. The “regular” kind is considered full-fat; it should have around 11g fat per serving.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is used in both the crust and the filling. It adds sweetness and enhances the overall flavor.
- Salt: A pinch of salt complements the rich cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
How to make a vegan chocolate tart
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Prepare the no-bake crust
First, create the crust. In a large bowl, add almond flour, nut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together until evenly combined.
Transfer the dough to a tart pan (or a pie pan). Firmly press the dough across the bottom and sides of the pan, leaving a “well” in the center for the filling. Set aside.
Prepare the chocolate ganache filling
Second, create the filling. In a small bowl, add coconut milk. Microwave for 45 seconds. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Let sit for 1 minute, then whisk together until smooth. Pour into the center of the tart and spread evenly across the pan.
Chill the tart in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or until the filling sets). After, add your favorite toppings, slice, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Can I use all-purpose flour?
No, you cannot use regular flour. Blanched almond flour is required since this is a no-bake recipe. Almond flour contains nutrients which makes it a healthier option, too!
Can I use a cake pan?
Yes, you can use a cake pan if you don’t have a tart/pie pan. It is easiest to use a springform pan or a version that has a removable bottom. If the bottom is not removable, use parchment paper to easily lift the tart after chilling it in the refrigerator.
What are the best toppings for a chocolate tart?
I highly recommend decorating your vegan tart with toppings. Choose from the list below and discover your favorite:
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed nuts
- Fresh berries
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate drizzle
- Flaky sea salt
Can I make it refined sugar-free?
Yes! To make this recipe with no refined sugar, use stevia-sweetened chocolate chips.
Do tarts need to be refrigerated?
It depends! This particular tart recipe does need to be refrigerated. You may tightly cover the tart with cling wrap or aluminum foil. Alternatively, slice it and store the slices inside an airtight container. It will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze it?
Yes! This vegan chocolate tart is freezer-friendly. For longterm storage, place a piece of parchment paper between each slice to prevent them from sticking together. Store inside a ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you try this No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This vegan chocolate tart recipe is an easy no bake dessert! It’s gluten-free, grain-free, oil-free, and made with healthy ingredients like coconut milk and almond flour. The soft and chewy crust is filled with a rich chocolate ganache. It’s great for birthdays, celebrations, and perfect for chocolate lovers. No oven and no food processor needed! #tart #vegandessert #vegandessertrecipes #nobakedesserts #grainfree
- Prepare the crust: In a large bowl, add almond flour, nut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together until evenly incorporated. Transfer dough to a tart pan (or a pie pan). Firmly press the dough across the bottom and sides of the pan, leaving a “well” in the center for the filling. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling: In a small bowl, add coconut milk. Microwave for 45 seconds. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Let sit for 1 minute, then whisk together until smooth. Pour into the center of the tart and spread evenly across the pan.
- Chill: Chill the tart in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or until the filling sets). After, add your favorite toppings. Slice and enjoy! Keep stored in the refrigerator if saving/serving later.
- Flour: Do not use regular flour for this chocolate tart. Blanched almond flour is required since it’s a no-bake recipe.
- Toppings: Add your favorite toppings like chocolate chips, crushed nuts, fresh berries, powdered sugar, and/or flaky sea salt.
- Serving size: This chocolate tart is rich and decadent, which is why I recommend cutting it into 12 slices. The nutrition information below is for a 12-slice tart.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 465
- Sugar: 24g
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan chocolate tart, no bake chocolate tart
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!