These chocolate peanut butter bliss balls, also known as energy balls, are SO easy to make! Enjoy the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate wrapped into bite-sized, soft and chewy balls. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and contains 8 simple ingredients.
You certainly cannot go wrong with a chocolate-peanut butter combination. So, naturally, these chocolate peanut butter bliss balls are an instant classic. The recipe is filled with nutritious ingredients including fiber-rich oats, mood-boosting cocoa powder, and creamy peanut butter. Plus, they are free from refined sugar and naturally sweetened with medjool dates instead. Essentially, it’s the perfect treat for anyone looking to satisfy their sweet tooth in a healthy manner.
Are you ready to create this easy dessert? Hop on into the kitchen because these energy balls are ready in just ten minutes!
What ingredients are in chocolate peanut butter bliss balls?
These chocolate peanut butter energy balls contain healthy ingredients you may already have sitting in your pantry! Check out the ingredients below:
- Chopped peanuts
- Rolled oats
- Cocoa powder
- Medjool dates
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
First, add chopped peanuts, rolled oats, cocoa powder, and salt to a food processor. Process until the ingredients are crumbled.
Then, add pitted medjool dates, creamy peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Process until a sticky dough-like mixture forms.
Next, toss in the chocolate chips. Process again to combine. Note: the dough should be sticky enough to pinch together with your hands. If your medjool dates are quite dry, you may need to add 1-2 tbsp water to the mixture to achieve a sticky texture.
Scoop the dough into 1-inch rounds. Use clean hands to roll the dough into balls. Place each bliss ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet or cutting board.
It’s decorating time! Roll the chocolate peanut butter bliss balls in crushed peanuts, cocoa powder, or drizzle melted vegan chocolate on top.
- Soft and fresh medjool dates are ideal. If you can only find dry and hard dates, it’s possible to work around this issue. Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Then, drain the water and dry the dates completely with a paper towel. After, continue on with the recipe.
- Be sure to remove each pit from your medjool dates before beginning the recipe.
- These are my favorite vegan chocolate chips to use for this recipe! They are mini-sized, but regular chocolate chips are also great.
- Decorate the bliss balls. I kept a few bliss balls plain while others were rolled in crushed peanuts, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate. Shredded coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and maca powder are great options, too!
- Store these chocolate peanut butter bliss balls in the refrigerator to maintain freshness. They should keep for up to one week inside an airtight container.
If you love these chocolate peanut butter bliss balls, you may also enjoy:
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
- Pecan Pie Bliss Balls
These chocolate peanut butter bliss balls are a super easy and healthy dessert! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, roasted and unsalted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 16 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1–2 tbsp water (as needed)
- Add chopped peanuts, rolled oats, cocoa powder, and salt to a food processor. Pulse/process to crumble the ingredients. See step-by-step images above, if needed.
- Add pitted medjool dates, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Process ingredients to combine. Add chocolate chips and process again. Note: Process the ingredients until a sticky dough-like consistency forms. You should be able to pinch the mixture together with your hands. If your dates are too dry, you may need to add 1-2 tbsp water in order to achieve a sticky dough.
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper. Scoop 1-inch balls of the dough and place onto the parchment paper.
- Decorate bliss balls by rolling in crushed peanuts, cocoa powder, or drizzling with melted chocolate.
- Keep bliss balls stored in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter bliss balls, chocolate peanut butter energy balls, chocolate bliss balls, chocolate energy balls, bliss balls, no-bake dessert, chocolate dessert