These vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls are an easy and healthy treat. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this nutritious twist on the classic cookie dough we all love! It’s gluten-free, no-bake, and requires just 6 ingredients.
In my idea of a perfect world, cookie dough would be qualified as a health food. Yes, really. I’m talkin’ about swapping the nutrient profile of cookie dough with kale. Wouldn’t that be amazing?!
In reality, we all know cookie dough isn’t that great for us. Don’t get me wrong, I love to indulge in the real deal every so often. Check out my favorite store-bought vegan cookie dough here!
What’s my solution? In order to satisfy my cookie dough craving in the healthiest way possible, I created these chocolate chip cookie dough balls. They are:
- Soft and chewy
- Naturally sweetened
- Contain 6 ingredients
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
This recipe is quick and easy! It can be made in 4 simple steps:
- Remove pits from the medjool dates.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process until nearly smooth.
- Transfer dough into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- For this recipe, you’ll want to use soft and fresh medjool dates. If your dates aren’t soft, no worries! Simply soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Then, drain the water and pat the dates dry with a paper towel.
- I use dark chocolate chips, but if you’d like these cookie dough balls to taste even sweeter, use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Enjoy the cookie dough balls straight away or store them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm.
If you like these vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls, you may also enjoy this homemade peanut butter cups recipe!Print
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these healthy cookie dough balls! This guilt-free treat is vegan, gluten-free, no-bake, and requires only 6 ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 20 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Remove pits from the medjool dates. If your dates are not soft, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes. After, drain the water and use a paper towel to pat them dry.
- Add the cashews, coconut flour, medjool dates, vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor. Process the ingredients until a nearly-smooth, sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use clean hands to form the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator to firm.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Keywords: cookie dough balls, chocolate chip cookie dough balls, cookie dough bites, healthy cookie dough