These vegan s’mores bars are soft and gooey, easy to make, and ridiculously delicious! The graham cracker cookie crust is layered with pockets of melted chocolate and perfectly-toasted marshmallows. Bring the campfire vibes straight to your kitchen with this indulgent dessert!
Raise your hand if you’re a s’mores lover! You may have already tried my vegan s’mores cookies, but today we’re taking things to the next level. These dessert bars an indulgent twist on the classic s’mores treat we all know and love.
The melt-in-your-mouth cookie crust is topped with chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows, and a graham cracker crumble. You’ll instantly be thinking, “Gimme S’MORE!” after each bite. They’re addictive and, dare I say it, dangerously tasty.
These vegan s’mores bars are:
- Soft, warm, ooey gooey, and indulgent
- Loaded with ribbons of melted chocolate and toasty golden marshmallows
- Dairy-free, egg-free, and can be gluten-free
- Easy to make // made with 10 ingredients
- Paired deliciously with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
- Just like classic s’mores, but in cookie bar form!
What ingredients are in vegan s’mores bars?
- Flour: All-purpose flour is the best choice for this dessert. If you’re following a gluten-free diet, use a 1:1 gluten-free flour substitute.
- Vegan butter: Either use vegan butter from a tub (also known as margarine) or vegan butter sticks. Alternatively, you can swap melted coconut oil for the butter.
- Brown sugar: Light brown sugar really complements the graham crackers, and I highly recommend sticking with this type of sugar.
- Graham crackers: If you’re following a vegan diet, be sure to use vegan-friendly graham cracker squares. If you’re gluten-free, check to make sure they are not made with wheat flour.
- Marshmallows: In particular, we’ll use mini marshmallows. Again, if you’re vegan, double check the label to ensure your marshmallows are gelatin-free.
- Chocolate: A combination of chocolate chunks and mini chocolate chips are preferred. But, if you only have regular chocolate chips, those will work as well!
- Cinnamon: The addition of ground cinnamon gives the cookie crust a subtle cinnamon-sugar warmth and flavor.
How to make gooey s’mores bars
For the full recipe and instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
There’s no more time to waste! Let’s get started with these marshmallow dessert bars. To begin, melt the vegan butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Then, add the brown sugar, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients together until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together. Next, add the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
Press the cookie dough layer across the base of a square baking pan. Then, add chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows, crumbled graham crackers, and mini chocolate chips.
Bake the vegan s’mores bars for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. After, remove from the oven and let the bars cool for 10-15 minutes. Finally, slice ’em up and enjoy a freshly-baked s’mores bar alongside a tall glass of almond milk. It’s a pairing unlike any other!
Tips for perfecting this s’mores dessert
Use the broiler. If you want the marshmallows to have a toasty golden appearance, set your oven to broil for 1-3 minutes after baking. Keep a very close eye on the oven during this time. Marshmallows burn quite easily under the broil setting. I never take my eyes off of the oven whenever I use this setting.
Use chocolate chunks and mini chocolate chips. I highly recommend following the exact recipe and incorporating these two types of chocolate. However, if you only have access to regular chocolate chips, those will work as well!
Don’t forget the parchment paper. Parchment paper is one of my most essential kitchen tools. Line the baking tray with parchment paper, leaving extra paper hanging off two sides of the tray. This ensures the bars will not stick to the pan. Also, it makes the clean-up process so much easier. Win-win!
Let the bars cool before slicing. These dessert bars are ultra gooey just like regular s’mores! Remember to let them cool for 10-15 minutes after removing the pan from the oven. Be gentle while slicing the bars. They remain delicate until fully cooled.
Are marshmallows vegan?
Not all marshmallows are vegan. Typically, marshmallows contain an ingredient known as gelatin. If you’re following a vegan diet, choose gelatin-free marshmallows. I recommend the Dandies or Trader Joe’s brand.
Are graham crackers vegan?
It’s common for graham crackers to contain milk and/or honey. The most well-known brands contain either, or both, of these ingredients. I love using the Kinnikinnick Foods vegan graham crackers. (They happen to be gluten-free, too!)
More s’mores desserts to try
More vegan dessert bars
- Chocolate Chip Banana Blondies
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
- Vegan Scotcheroos (Special K Bars)
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
These vegan s’mores bars are ooey gooey, mouth-watering, and ridiculously tasty! The melt-in-your-mouth cookie crust is topped with chocolate chunks, toasted marshmallows, and graham cracker crumble. It’s an indulgent twist on the classic s’mores treat!
Graham Cracker Cookie Layer
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
Chocolate + Marshmallow Layer
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix wet ingredients: Add vegan butter to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for approximately 30 seconds to melt. Add light brown sugar, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk together until smooth, then set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- Combine wet and dry: Add the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients, then mix together until evenly combined.
- Layer s’mores bars: Press the cookie dough across the bottom of the baking pan. Top with chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake: Bake s’mores bars for 30 minutes. After, remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, slice into 9 or 12 bars. These bars are delicate and ooey-gooey before being cooled completely, so be gentle with them while slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have chocolate chunks and mini chocolate chips, you can use regular chocolate chips.
- If you don’t have graham cracker crumbs, you can create your own. Add several graham cracker squares to a ziplock bag, then crush the graham crackers into a fine crumble.
- To achieve a toasted golden marshmallow layer, broil the s’mores bars for 1-3 minutes at the very end of baking. Keep a very close eye on the bars during this time; marshmallows burn easily while broiling. I do not look away from the oven when broiling these bars.
- Nutrition information below is for a 12-bar batch.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan smores bars, smores dessert
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!