These vegan s’mores bars are ooey gooey, mouth-watering, and ridiculously tasty! The melt-in-your-mouth cookie crust is topped with chocolate chunks, toasted marshmallows, and graham cracker crumble. It’s an indulgent twist on the classic s’mores treat!
Graham Cracker Cookie Layer
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate + Marshmallow Layer
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix wet ingredients: Add vegan butter to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for approximately 30 seconds to melt. Add light brown sugar, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk together until smooth, then set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- Combine wet and dry: Add the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients, then mix together until evenly combined.
- Layer s’mores bars: Press the cookie dough across the bottom of the baking pan. Top with chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake: Bake s’mores bars for 30 minutes. After, remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, slice into 9 or 12 bars. These bars are delicate and ooey-gooey before being cooled completely, so be gentle with them while slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have chocolate chunks and mini chocolate chips, you can use regular chocolate chips.
- If you don’t have graham cracker crumbs, you can create your own. Add several graham cracker squares to a ziplock bag, then crush the graham crackers into a fine crumble.
- To achieve a toasted golden marshmallow layer, broil the s’mores bars for 1-3 minutes at the very end of baking. Keep a very close eye on the bars during this time; marshmallows burn easily while broiling. I do not look away from the oven when broiling these bars.
- Nutrition information below is for a 12-bar batch.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan smores bars, smores dessert