These chocolate chip banana blondies are incredibly moist, fluffy, and SO delicious! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and contains simple ingredients. Enjoy one of these chocolate chip banana bars for breakfast or even as a healthy dessert!
What happens when brownies meet banana bread? This. This is what happens. And it’s amazing.
Today, I’m bringing you ultra moist, fluffy, gooey, and incredibly delicious chocolate chip banana blondies. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and full of simple ingredients. These bars are healthy enough to be consumed as a quick breakfast while you head out the door, yet sweet enough to be enjoyed as a healthy treat. The choice is yours. One thing I know for certain is that you need these in your life!
What ingredients are in chocolate chip banana blondies?
These chocolate chip banana blondies contain simple, wholesome, vegan and gluten-free ingredients. Check out the full ingredients list below:
- Ripe bananas
- Nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew butter, etc)
- Coconut sugar
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Nondairy milk (almond, coconut, cashew, soy milk, etc)
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
How to make chocolate chip banana blondies (vegan, gluten-free)
Begin by mashing ripe bananas. Measure 1 cup mashed banana and add to a large bowl.
Then, add nut butter, coconut sugar, nondairy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix ingredients to thoroughly combine.
Next, add almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
After, toss in vegan chocolate chips. Mix together.
Pour and spread the batter across a square baking dish (lined with parchment paper or greased with oil to prevent sticking). Be sure to evenly cover the base of the baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Allow the chocolate chip banana blondies to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Be sure to use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas contain a yellow peel with several brown spots across it. If you use underripe bananas, your chocolate chip banana blondies will not have as moist a texture or as sweet a flavor!
- As listed in the recipe, any type of nut butter can be used for this recipe. As a peanut butter lover, I chose to use this peanut butter. However, you can use almond butter or cashew butter. If you have a nut allergy, try sunflower seed butter instead!
- I prefer these vegan chocolate chips. Other great options are to break up a dark chocolate bar, use mini chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks.
- Store these chocolate chip banana bars in an airtight container. To prolong freshness, keep in the refrigerator.
- I have not tested this recipe with other varieties of flour, but I presume it would work just fine. The texture will be a bit different, though. Replace the flours at your own discretion! If you happen to try another flour, I would love to hear whether or not it worked for you in the comments below. 🙂
If you love these chocolate chip banana blondies, you may also enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
If you try these Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Blondies, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
These chocolate chip banana blondies are incredibly moist, fluffy, and perfectly sweet! Enjoy it for breakfast or as a healthy dessert.
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (~3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup nut butter (such as peanut or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (such as almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper or liberally grease with oil to prevent sticking.
- Mash the ripe bananas. Measure 1 cup mashed banana and add to a large bowl along with coconut sugar, nut butter, nondairy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix together to combine.
- Add almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt to the batter. Mix all ingredients together until combined. After, toss in the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour and spread batter evenly across the baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow blondies to cool completely before slicing.
- Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container. To lengthen freshness, store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: chocolate chip banana blondies, peanut butter banana bars, vegan banana recipes
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!