Mango overnight oats are a healthy meal prep breakfast recipe! This mango oatmeal is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. The easy recipe is made with pantry staples like rolled oats, yogurt, chia seeds, almond butter, and maple syrup. Enjoy them for breakfast on-the-go or an afternoon snack!
With over a dozen overnight oats recipes already shared, it should be obvious that I'm pretty much addicted to this breakfast! Since there are endless ways to change up the flavor, it's nearly impossible to grow tired of it. If you've enjoyed my Banana Overnight Oats, Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats, or Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats, you will love this recipe too.
These mango overnight oats use the same delicious base as the other flavors, but fresh mango is the star of the show. They are sweet, fruity, tropical, and creamy. The recipe is made in just 5 minutes at night, then instantly ready to eat in the morning. It's an easy meal prep breakfast for busy families and busy schedules.
These mango overnight oats are:
- Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free
- Healthy, quick, and easy to make
- A make ahead breakfast recipe
- Made with no refined sugar
- Convenient for busy schedules
- Customizable with toppings & mix-ins
Ingredients in mango overnight oats
- Oats: Rolled oats are best for overnight oatmeal because they are steamed and flattened. Don't use steel cut or instant oats.
- Milk: Use any type of milk, whether it's non-dairy or dairy. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
- Yogurt: This ingredient is optional, but it will make the oats extra creamy. You can use non-dairy or dairy yogurt. I love vanilla coconut milk for this particular recipe.
- Mango: Mango adds a sweet, fruity, and tropical flavor. They are a great source of Vitamin A, C, and K.
- Almond butter: Add a boost of healthy fats with almond butter or your favorite nut butter (such as peanut butter or cashew butter).
- Maple syrup: These oats are naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Alternatively, you can use honey, agave nectar, or coconut sugar.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are great for digestion and packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Additionally, since they expand while soaking, they help create a creamy texture.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla creates a sweeter flavor.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances all of the other ingredients.
How to make mango overnight oats with yogurt
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
First, add rolled oats, milk, yogurt (optional), mango, almond butter, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and salt to a jar. Mix the ingredients together, then seal with a lid.
Next, store the oats in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
The next morning (or whenever you are ready to eat), remove the lid and stir the oats. If desired, add a splash of milk to thin the consistency.
Enjoy the oats directly out of the jar or transfer them to a bowl. Add any toppings of your choosing, like mango, almond butter, and granola. Enjoy!
Recipe variations for mango overnight oatmeal
Customize these fruity overnight oats with your choice of add-ins. Choose from the options below or get creative with your own!
- Protein powder: Instantly make them high protein overnight oats by stirring in a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Coconut flakes: Enhance the tropical flavor by sprinkling coconut flakes or shredded coconut on top.
- Nut butter: Instead of almond butter, you can use sunflower seed butter or tahini for a nut-free option.
- Granola: Top the oats with granola for a crunchy texture.
- Cocoa powder: If you love chocolate, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder or cacao powder.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Are overnight oats still healthy? Yes, overnight oats are just as healthy as regular oatmeal. As long as the ingredients are nutritious, you can consider this a healthy breakfast option.
Can you put fruit in overnight oats? Of course! You can add any type of fruit. Although this recipe uses mango, I have a dozen other recipes using banana, strawberries, peaches, apples, and more.
Are overnight oats good for weight loss? Yes, they can help with weight loss because they are filling and satisfying. This recipe contains 9 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein per serving.
How long does overnight oats with fruit last in fridge? I recommend enjoying them within 2-3 days.
How to store mango overnight oats
Mango overnight oats are best enjoyed within 24 hours. However, you can keep them stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Be sure they are tightly sealed in a jar with a lid.
More overnight oats with fruit
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
This mango overnight oats recipe is healthy, vegan, and gluten-free! It's an easy meal prep breakfast idea for busy families and on the go. They're made with yogurt, chia seeds, almond butter, and maple syrup. Since this is oatmeal in a jar, it's an easily transportable meal and great for work lunches! #overnightoats #overnightoatmeal #oatmeal #oatmealrecipe #oats #mango #mangoes #chiapudding #mealprep #veganbreakfast #healthybreakfast
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup non-dairy milk or dairy milk
- ⅓ cup non-dairy vanilla yogurt or dairy yogurt (optional)
- ½ cup chopped mango
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, agave, etc)
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Almond butter
- Add rolled oats, milk, yogurt (optional), chopped mango, almond butter, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and salt to a jar. Mix ingredients together, then seal with a lid.
- Store oats in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- The next morning (or whenever you are ready to eat), remove the lid and stir the oats. If desired, add a splash of milk to thin the consistency.
- Enjoy the oats directly out of the jar or transfer them to a bowl. Add any toppings of your choosing, like fresh mango, almond butter, and granola. Enjoy!
- How to store: These oats are best enjoyed within 24 hours. However, you can keep them stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Be sure they are tightly sealed with a lid to maintain freshness.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is optional, but I strongly recommend including it for the best texture.
- Toppings: Serve with any of your favorite toppings, like mango, almond butter, and granola.
- Nutrition information below is made without toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: mango overnight oats, overnight oats with mango
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!