Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
Strawberries and cream overnight oats is a healthy meal prep breakfast idea! This strawberry overnight oatmeal recipe is easy, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. It’s made with simple ingredients like rolled oats, chia seeds, yogurt, and fruit. They are customizable with limitless toppings and mix-ins!
These strawberries and cream overnight oats are perfectly sweet, ultra creamy, and fruity! If you’re a strawberry lover, you will adore this easy breakfast recipe. They have a delicious dessert-for-breakfast flavor, but nourish your body with every bite.
With only 5 minutes of meal prep at nighttime, you can enjoy this make ahead breakfast first thing in the morning. It’s a game changer for anyone running on a busy schedule. Grab this healthy breakfast on the go or pack it for a midday work lunch.
You can easily customize this oatmeal with your choice of mix-ins and toppings. Try it with almond butter, chocolate chips, protein powder, and so much more. If you love overnight oats with fruit, you will also enjoy my Banana Overnight Oats and Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats!
These strawberry overnight oats are:
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and made with no refined sugar
- Sweet, fruity, and ultra creamy
- An easy meal prep breakfast for busy families
- Great for kids and adults alike
- Better than Starbucks strawberry overnight oats!
Ingredients in strawberries and cream overnight oats
- Oats: In particular, overnight oats are always made with rolled oats. Since they are steamed and flattened, they’re perfect for soaking. Do not use steel cut or instant oats.
- Milk: Use any type of milk, whether it’s non-dairy or dairy. I typically use unsweetened oat milk or almond milk.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is essential for this recipe because it creates the strawberries and cream flavor. You can use any non-dairy yogurt or dairy yogurt.
- Strawberries: Diced strawberries add fruity flavor, extra fiber, and antioxidants.
- Maple syrup: In order to keep them refined sugar-free, we’ll naturally sweeten the oats with real maple syrup. You can also use honey, agave nectar, or no sugar at all.
- Chia seeds: These seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. Since they expand while soaking, they give the oats a creamy consistency.
- Vanilla extract: Add a dash for a rich, sweet vanilla flavor.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances all of the other ingredients.
How to make overnight oats with strawberries and yogurt
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
First, add rolled oats, milk, vanilla yogurt, strawberries, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and salt to a jar. Mix the ingredients together, then seal with a lid.
Next, store the oats in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
The next morning (or whenever you are ready to eat), remove the lid and stir the oats. If desired, add a splash of non-dairy milk to thin the consistency.
Enjoy the oats directly out of the jar or transfer them to a bowl. Add any toppings of your choosing, like strawberries, granola, and nut butter. Enjoy!
Recipe variations for strawberry overnight oats
These fruity overnight oats are easily customizable. Feel free to stir in additional ingredients from the list below.
- Protein powder: Stir in a scoop of protein powder to make them high protein overnight oats. I recommend using a vanilla or chocolate flavor.
- Nut butter: Make them even more satiating and add a boost of healthy fats. Try adding in a spoonful of almond butter or peanut butter. If you need a nut-free option, use sunflower seed butter or tahini instead.
- Cocoa powder: Transform them into chocolate strawberry oats! Add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or cacao powder. It will taste like a chocolate covered strawberry.
- Chocolate chips: Similarly to the idea above, you can add a spoonful of chocolate chips. I prefer using stevia-sweetened chocolate chips for a sugar-free option.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Are overnight oats good for weight loss? Yes, they could be included in a healthy weight loss diet. Since oats are low calorie and high fiber, they may help you feel full and satiated for hours.
Is overnight oats better with milk or yogurt? Both! I suggest using milk and yogurt every time you make this type of oatmeal. They help create a super creamy texture.
Why aren’t my overnight oats creamy? If your recipe does not turn out creamy enough for your liking, add extra yogurt, chia seeds, or a spoonful of nut butter. Additionally, you can soak the oats longer in order to absorb more liquid.
When to add fruit to overnight oats? Fruit can be added along with all of the other ingredients. When you are ready to eat the oats, you can add extra fresh fruit on top.
How to store strawberry overnight oatmeal
These strawberries and cream overnight oats are best enjoyed within 24 hours. However, you can keep them stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Be sure they are tightly sealed in a jar with a lid.
More overnight oats with fruit
- Mango Overnight Oats
- Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- PB and J Overnight Oats
If you try these Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This strawberries and cream overnight oats recipe is dairy-free, healthy, vegan, and gluten-free! It’s a quick and easy meal prep breakfast idea for busy families. They are made with chia seeds, yogurt, fruit, and maple syrup. This strawberry overnight oatmeal is great for kids and adults alike. Add toppings and enjoy on the go! #overnightoats #overnightoatmeal #oatmeal #oatmealrecipe #oats #porridge #strawberries #mealprep #makeahead #veganbreakfast #healthybreakfast #glutenfreebreakfast
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (or dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy vanilla yogurt (or dairy yogurt)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, agave, etc)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Nut butter
- Add rolled oats, milk, vanilla yogurt, diced strawberries, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and salt to a jar. Mix ingredients together, then seal with a lid.
- Store oats in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- The next morning (or whenever you are ready to eat), remove the lid and stir the oats. If desired, add a splash of non-dairy milk to thin the consistency.
- Enjoy the oats directly out of the jar or transfer them to a bowl. Add any toppings of your choosing, like strawberries, yogurt, granola, and nut butter. Enjoy!
- How to store: These oats are best enjoyed within 24 hours. However, you can keep them stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Be sure they are tightly sealed with a lid to maintain freshness.
- Toppings: Serve with any of your favorite toppings, like nut butter, granola, or other fresh fruit.
- Nutrition information below is made without toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: strawberry overnight oats, strawberries and cream overnight oats, overnight oats with strawberries
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!