This post may contain affiliate links. Read the affiliate disclosure here.
These vegan peanut noodles are healthy, easy to make, and ready in less than 20 minutes! Pair your favorite vegetables with ramen noodles, then toss it all in a creamy, nutty, and spicy homemade peanut sauce. It’s a vegan and gluten-free Thai-inspired meal that’s packed with flavor!
There’s no need for take-out when you can whip up these bold, colorful, and flavorful noodles easily at home! From start to finish, this Thai-inspired dish is ready to be enjoyed within just 20 minutes. Plus, you can store any extra homemade peanut sauce and enjoy it throughout the week with other meals!
These vegan peanut noodles are:
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free
- Tossed in an easy 5-minute peanut sauce
- Made with wholesome + healthy ingredients
- The perfect balance of creamy, nutty, and spicy flavors
- A super quick meal that’s great for lunch and dinner
- Easily adaptable / Any vegetables can be added!
What ingredients are in easy vegan peanut noodles
- Noodles: I love these brown rice ramen noodles, but you can use pad Thai noodles or traditional stir fry noodles instead. If you’re having a tough time finding these options, spaghetti is a good replacement!
- Peanut butter: A creamy, natural peanut butter works best due to its runny consistency. Peanut butter is a nutritious component to this dish as it provides plant-based protein, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. If your nut butter is extra runny, the sauce may require less water.
- Soy sauce: If you are following a gluten-free diet, use tamari or coconut aminos instead.
- Maple syrup: Just a dash of maple syrup adds a subtle sweetness to the sauce.
- Sriracha: Sriracha helps to turn up the heat and flavor in the peanut sauce. Use more or less to your preferred taste.
- Lime juice: I recommend adding a spritz of fresh lime juice, but store-bought lime juice works, too.
- Garlic & Ginger: These are added to the sauce for additional flavor. Feel free to add more, if desired.
- Vegetables: What are your favorites? You can use any fresh or frozen vegetables of your choosing. Alternatively, enjoy this dish without veggies for a lighter meal.
- Peanuts: Chopped peanuts are the perfect topping for an added crunch. If you don’t have peanuts, cashews or sliced almonds are the next best option.
How to make easy vegan peanut sauce from scratch
The easy homemade peanut sauce takes just 5 minutes to make!
First, combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, sriracha, garlic powder, and ground ginger in a bowl.
Then, simply whisk the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. You can add more water, if desired, to thin the sauce further.
What to eat with peanut sauce
In addition to these delicious stir fry noodles, you can enjoy the homemade peanut sauce as a dressing or dip for other recipes!
- Peanut sauce as a dressing: Drizzle it on top of noodles, stir fry, fried rice, salads, buddha bowls, baked tofu, and fresh vegetables.
- Peanut sauce as a dip: For a thicker sauce, simply add less water and use it as a dip. It’s great with spring rolls, dumplings, and wraps.
How long does peanut sauce stay fresh?
Homemade peanut sauce should be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. It will remain fresh for up to 1 week. For this reason, I love to double the recipe and enjoy it with meals throughout the week.
What vegetables go well with peanut stir fry noodles?
Since this dish is so adaptable, you can use any of your favorite vegetables!
Got some extra time on your hands? Slice, shred, or chop any of the following fresh vegetables: carrot, bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, mushrooms, green beans, edamame, bok choy, water chestnuts, onion, and baby corn.
In a hurry? Warm up a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables or an Asian vegetable medley.
Don’t forget the garnish: Sprinkle chopped peanuts, fresh cilantro, and/or green onion on top when serving. For extra spice, add a drizzle of sriracha and crushed red pepper flakes.
More easy vegan dinner recipes:
- Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Easy Chickpea Curry
- Vegan Pesto Cavatappi
- Orange Tofu
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
- Vegan Tempeh Chili
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos
- Vegan Potato Curry
- Vegan Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
If you try these Vegan Peanut Noodles, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
Vegan Peanut Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2–3 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan peanut noodles are flavorful, easy to make, and a healthy Thai-inspired dinner that everyone will love! Toss ramen or stir fry noodles in a creamy, nutty, and spicy homemade peanut sauce. Pair with your favorite vegetables and garnish with chopped peanuts.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 packets ramen noodles or 6-oz rice noodles*
- 1 tbsp oil (avocado, sesame, olive, etc)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–4 cups vegetables of your choosing**
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare peanut sauce: Combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, sriracha sauce, garlic powder, and ground ginger in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare vegetables: Warm oil on a frying pan. Add minced garlic and vegetables of your choosing. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare noodles: While the vegetables are cooking, prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- Serve: Combine noodles and vegetables. Add as much peanut sauce as desired, then toss the ingredients to evenly coat everything. Serve with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.
*If using ramen noodles, discard the seasoning packet. Alternatively, use stir fry noodles, pad thai noodles, or spaghetti.
**Use any vegetables including carrot, bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, mushrooms, bok choy, edamame, baby corn, onion, and water chestnuts.
***Nutrition information below reflects using about half of the peanut sauce.
- Serving Size: ⅓ recipe
- Calories: 487
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: vegan peanut noodles, thai peanut noodles
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!
This is my new all-time favorite meal in the entire world!!!! You are the best and I am definitely going to be using more of your recipes! Thank you!
Thank you so much, Lois! I am so glad you enjoyed these peanut noodles 🙂