This vegan pesto cavatappi is a flavorful, filling, classic comfort food! Enjoy a bowl of curly pasta shells tossed in a creamy, garlic-basil pesto sauce. We’ll also add cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, and vegan parmesan cheese. Yum!
Have you ever tried the incredibly delicious Pesto Cavatappi from Noodles and Company? Basically, it’s a giant bowl of cavatappi noodles, pesto sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, cream, and parmesan. It’s simple, comforting, and satisfying. It was always my go-to order before I switched to a vegan diet.
I’ve been vegan for five years now and, to be honest, I haven’t stepped foot inside a Noodles and Company since. (Now that I think about it, I wonder if they have vegan options on their menu!) However, I was recently reminded of this dish and instantly began craving it. So, today, I’m bringing you a Noodles and Company copycat vegan pesto cavatappi recipe. I used my 5-minute vegan pesto to create this easy, flavorful meal. Let’s get into it!
What ingredients are in vegan pesto cavatappi?
As mentioned, this recipe was directly inspired by the classic Noodles and Company Pesto Cavatappi. This copycat recipe contains several similar ingredients. Check out the simple ingredients list below:
- Cavatappi pasta
- Vegan pesto
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Vegan parmesan
- Pine nuts
How to make vegan pesto cavatappi pasta
First, prepare the vegan pesto. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-made vegan pesto. Note: I recommend cooking the pasta al dente. It will be cooked a bit further when combined with other ingredients later on.
Second, prepare the cavatappi according to the package. After, drain and rinse the pasta. Set aside.
Next, warm a sauce pot on medium heat. Add olive oil, sliced cherry tomatoes, and minced garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until cherry tomatoes are cooked through.
Then, add the cooked pasta and pesto sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until warm.
Serve vegan pesto cavatappi. Garnish with pine nuts and vegan parmesan cheese.
- Use your favorite pasta shells! Of course, the traditional version of this recipe uses cavatappi. However, you could use penne, bowtie, rotini, or spaghetti noodles. Personally, I love using chickpea pasta because it’s gluten-free and packed with plant-based protein.
- The original Noodles and Company recipe calls for mushrooms, but I chose to omit them. If you’re a mushroom lover, feel free to add them. Simply cook the sliced mushrooms alongside the cherry tomatoes and minced garlic.
- I used this vegan parmesan. It is by far my favorite!
- Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container inside the refrigerator. The pesto pasta should keep fresh for two days. To reheat, warm in the microwave or in a sauce pot on the stove.
If you love this vegan pesto pasta recipe, you may also enjoy these dinner recipes:Print
This vegan pesto cavatappi is a creamy, filling, and comforting dinner! It’s loaded with delicious flavors of fresh basil, garlic, and cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare vegan pesto sauce or use pre-made pesto sauce.
- Prepare cavatappi according to package. After, drain and rinse pasta. Set aside.
- Warm a sauce pot on medium heat. Add olive oil (or water), sliced cherry tomatoes, and minced garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until cherry tomatoes are cooked through.
- Add cooked pasta and vegan pesto sauce. Mix to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until warm.
- Serve pesto cavatappi. Garnish with vegan parmesan and pine nuts.
- Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Pasta should keep for 2-3 days. To reheat, simply warm in the microwave or in a sauce pot on the stove.
- Nutrition information below reflects 10 oz chickpea cavatappi shells (made from chickpea flour).
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 618
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 15.5g
- Protein: 29g
Keywords: pesto cavatappi, vegan pesto cavatappi, vegan pesto pasta
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!