These homemade peanut butter cups are SO delicious. The rich dark chocolate coating, filled with creamy peanut butter inside, will have you craving more! This recipe is super easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients.
Is there a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter? I don’t think so. It’s definitely one of my favorites. There’s a reason Reese’s are so dang popular. Something about sweet chocolate paired with salty peanut butter is ridiculously tasty. Good luck trying to only eat one!
This recipe is a healthier twist on the original, but it tastes equally delicious. These jumbo homemade peanut butter cups are vegan, gluten-free, and require only four ingredients.
How to Make Jumbo Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s ready in minutes! Let’s take a glimpse into the five simple steps:
- First, line a muffin tray with nonstick liners.
- Then, combine the peanut butter and coconut sugar.
- Next, melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- After, spoon a layer of the melted chocolate + a dollop of peanut butter + more melted chocolate into each liner.
- Lastly, store in the refrigerator to solidify.
- The recipe creates 6 jumbo peanut butter cups. However, you can create 12 regular-sized peanut butter cups by using a thinner layer of chocolate and peanut butter. Alternatively, use a mini muffin tin to create mini peanut butter cups.
- Feel free to use your favorite type of nut butter! Personally, I recommend this peanut butter, but almond or cashew butter would be just as tasty. If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower seed butter instead.
- The recipe calls for coconut sugar, but any type of sugar will work just fine.
More vegan chocolate dessert recipes:
- Homemade Take 5 Candy Bars (Vegan & Healthy!)
- Vegan Snickers Bars
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Cups
- No Bake Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Mug Cake (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Crispy White Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- Rocky Road Chocolate Bark
If you try these Homemade Peanut Butter Cups, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
These jumbo peanut butter cups are SO delicious and easy to make! It’s a decadent dessert containing only 4 ingredients.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 + ½ tablespoon coconut sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Mix the peanut butter and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between, just until the chocolate chips melt. Do not burn the chocolate! This should only require 2 or 3 intervals.
- Spoon a layer of the melted chocolate into each muffin liner. Then, add a dollop of peanut butter into the center. Cover with an additional layer of melted chocolate on top.
- Store in the refrigerator until the chocolate solidifies. This should only require about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 24g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: homemade peanut butter cups, vegan peanut butter cups
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!