Rocky Road Chocolate Bark
This rocky road chocolate bark contains creamy chocolate, roasted almonds, and mini marshmallows. It’s a vegan and gluten-free treat perfect for any occasion! Make it with just 4 ingredients in 30 minutes.
Chocolate + marshmallows + roasted almonds. Now that’s a triple threat no one can pass up! This rocky road chocolate bark is an incredibly easy dessert. Plus, you only need 4 ingredients. Let’s get right into it!
What is Rocky Road made of?
Rocky road has taken on a few variations since its creation. Originally, it began as an ice cream flavor comprised of chocolate, nuts, and marshmallows.
Nowadays, rocky road has been incorporated as a flavor combination for nearly every popular dessert. This includes not only ice cream but also cookies, brownies, fudge, cake, and, of course, bark!
This rocky road chocolate bark is classically simple. It’s comprised of dark chocolate chips, roasted and salted almonds, mini marshmallows, and coconut oil.
How to Make Rocky Road Chocolate Bark
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
Start by chopping the roasted and salted almonds. Then, roughly chop the mini marshmallows. It’s totally fine to keep some of the almonds and mini marshmallows intact.
Next, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until nearly all of the chocolate is melted. Careful to not overdo it! Chocolate burns quite easily. This step should only require ~90 seconds in total. You’ll know it’s done when almost all of the chocolate chips are melted but a few are still intact. At this point, stir the chocolate to fully melt everything together. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove.
Next, line a small baking sheet (or dish) with parchment paper. Evenly spread the melted chocolate across the baking sheet in a 1/2 inch layer.
Toss the crushed almonds and mini marshmallows on top of the melted chocolate.
Next, store the rocky road chocolate bark in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden. After, break the bark apart into 2-3 inch pieces. Enjoy!
- Keep this rocky road chocolate bark stored in either the refrigerator or freezer. If storing in the freezer, allow it to thaw for 5 minutes before consuming.
- Be sure to use vegan chocolate chips and vegan gelatin-free mini marshmallows if you are sticking to a vegan diet.
- The most common type of nut for a traditional rocky road flavor is almonds. However, you can use another type of nut if you wish. Some other delicious options include roasted peanuts, cashews, or pistachios!
This rocky road chocolate bark is a delicious vegan treat! Enjoy a piece of creamy chocolate stuffed with roasted almonds and mini marshmallows.
- 3 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup roasted and salt almonds, chopped
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- Roughly chop the almonds and mini marshmallows. It’s totally fine to keep some of the almonds and marshmallows intact. Only a rough chop is needed.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted. Don’t overdo it! Chocolate burns very easily. You should only need to microwave for ~90 seconds total. You’ll know it’s done when almost all of the chocolate chips are melted. Any chocolate chips still intact will melt together upon stirring.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread melted chocolate into a 1/2-inch thick layer. Toss the chopped almonds and marshmallows on top.
- Store in the freezer for 30 minutes. After, break the bark apart with your hands. Enjoy!
- Keep the bark stored in the refrigerator or freezer. If storing in the freezer, allow it to thaw for 5 minutes before consuming.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: rocky road chocolate bark, vegan chocolate bark, peanut rocky road bark
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!