This vegan gluten-free apple cinnamon bread is an essential fall recipe! It’s packed with ground cinnamon, juicy grated apple, crushed pecans, and bits of medjool date. Enjoy a slice for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
Growing up in Minnesota, one of my favorite things about the fall season was always the juicy + sweet honeycrisp apples. This year, I put them to use with this vegan gluten-free apple cinnamon bread.
Each slice is moist, filling, and packed with nutrients. The recipe contains grated apple, unsweetened applesauce, rolled oats, crushed pecans, cinnamon, dates, and is sweetened with coconut sugar.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Bread
Let’s take a look at the steps involved in making this vegan gluten-free apple cinnamon bread!
We’ll start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and lining a loaf pan with parchment paper. Then, grate the apple with a cheese grater. Remove pits from medjool dates and chop into small pieces.
Next, create a flax egg. To do this, simply combine 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water. Stir together and set aside for 15 minutes. It should thicken into an egg-like paste.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Mix together. Then, fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Toss in crushed pecans and chopped medjool dates. These mix-ins are optional but highly recommended!
Pour the apple cinnamon bread batter into the loaf pan. Optional: sprinkle additional toppings such as rolled oats, coconut sugar, crushed pecans, or even chocolate chips on top. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
- Add your favorite mix-ins. I used, and highly recommend, crushed pecans and chopped medjool dates. However, you can add any type of crushed nut and dried fruit. Some delicious options include crushed walnuts, sliced almonds, raisins, or dried cranberries. If you’re a chocolate lover, you can even add dark chocolate chips!
- I used this gluten-free flour. Results may vary depending on the type of flour you use. I have not tried this recipe with traditional all-purpose flour yet.
- This vegan gluten-free apple cinnamon bread is best consumed when it’s freshly baked. But, you can keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat it by warming in the oven at 350 degrees F or in the microwave.
If you love this healthy fall bread recipe, you may also enjoy:
If you try this Vegan Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Bread, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
Enjoy a slice of this sweet & moist apple cinnamon bread! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for the fall season.
- 1 cup grated apple (~1 medium apple)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- 3 large medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Create flax egg by combining 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water. Stir together and set aside to thicken for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, grate the apple and measure 1 cup. Remove pits from medjool dates and chop into small pieces.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk together.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir together until thoroughly combined. Fold in the crushed pecans and chopped medjool dates.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Optional: sprinkle on any desired toppings.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool before slicing and serving.
*Be sure to use melted coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid, simply melt a few spoonfuls in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then, measure 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: apple cinnamon bread, cinnamon apple bread, vegan apple cake, gluten-free
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!