This post may contain affiliate links. Read the affiliate disclosure here.
Sugar cookie truffles are a quick and easy holiday dessert! Homemade edible sugar cookie dough is rolled into balls, then coated in creamy white chocolate and festive sprinkles. The recipe is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free friendly, and made without cream cheese. They are perfect for gifting and sharing with friends this Christmas!
The holiday season is certainly not complete without sugar cookie treats. And when you’ve already indulged in freshly baked Vegan Sugar Cookies, these truffles must be next up on your list!
The soft, melt-in-your-mouth, buttery sugar cookie dough is coated in creamy white chocolate and topped with holiday sprinkles. They are perfectly sweet, creamy, and chewy. You can use homemade edible sugar cookie dough or save time with a store bought variety.
These sugar cookie truffles are also super easy to make. From start to finish, the recipe is made in 30 minutes or less. It’s versatile and customizable – you can change the sprinkles according to the season or cover them in dark chocolate instead!
These sugar cookie truffles are:
- Vegan, no-bake, dairy-free, and gluten-free friendly
- Soft, buttery, creamy, and sweet
- Made without cream cheese and without eggs
- Only 4 ingredients required
- Perfect for Christmas and the holiday season!
Ingredients in vegan sugar cookie truffles
- Sugar cookie dough: I recommend creating homemade edible sugar cookie dough, but you can save time by buying pre-made dough. Just make sure it’s safe to eat raw.
- White chocolate chips: White chocolate pairs well with sugar cookie dough. If you are vegan, be sure to use dairy-free white chocolate chips. Alternatively, you can use dark chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil: A spoonful of coconut oil helps thin the melted chocolate. This makes it easier to coat the balls. Additionally, it softens the chocolate coating to create a pleasant bite.
- Sprinkles: Use Christmas sprinkles during the holiday season, or another variety according to the time of year. With the swap of sprinkles, you can instantly transform them into birthday truffles, Valentine’s Day truffles, and more.
How to make sugar cookie truffles
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
First, create the homemade edible sugar cookie dough. Alternatively, use a store bought edible cookie dough. Using clean hands, scoop and roll the sugar cookie dough into balls.
Then, add white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted through.
Dip each ball of sugar cookie dough in the melted white chocolate. Toss to evenly coat, then tap off any excess. Add sprinkles on top to decorate. Set aside until the chocolate firms. Enjoy!
Tips for sugar cookie truffles
Don’t skip coconut oil. Coconut oil is essential for thinning the melted white chocolate chips. This makes it much easier to coat the truffles.
Work quickly. When dipping the truffles in melted chocolate, you’ll want to work quickly. Melted white chocolate can be finnicky because it is much thicker than dark chocolate. Be sure to dip quickly to coat all of the balls before it firms.
Add sprinkles immediately. Sprinkle each truffle right after dipping it, so the chocolate coating doesn’t harden first.
Try drizzling the white chocolate. As mentioned above, melted white chocolate can be difficult to work with. If you feel frustrated, you can always pop the melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle and drizzle it on top instead.
Try coating in sprinkles. Need another way to decorate the truffles? Roll them in sprinkles instead of coating in white chocolate.
How to store sugar cookie truffles
Store sugar cookie truffles inside a sealed container in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 5-7 days.
If you would like to store them longterm, keep inside a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer. They will stay fresh for up to 3 months. Let thaw before enjoying.
More sugar cookie recipes
If you try these Sugar Cookie Truffles, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 truffles 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Sugar cookie truffles are vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and made without cream cheese! It’s a quick and easy dessert for Christmas and the holiday season. The easy recipe is made with edible sugar cookie dough, white chocolate chips, coconut oil, and sprinkles. They are perfectly sweet, soft, buttery, and creamy! #sugarcookies #cookiedough #truffles #christmasrecipes #holidayrecipes #holidaybaking #vegantruffles #whitechocolate #vegancookiedough #ediblecookiedough #sugarcookiedough
- 2 cups edible sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Create homemade edible sugar cookie dough.
- Using clean hands, scoop and roll the sugar cookie dough into balls.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted through.
- Dip each ball of sugar cookie dough in the melted white chocolate. Toss to evenly coat, then tap off any excess. Add sprinkles on top to decorate. Set aside until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
- How to store: Keep sugar cookie truffles in a sealed container inside the refrigerator. Enjoy within 5-7 days. For longterm storage, keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: sugar cookie truffles, white chocolate truffles, christmas truffles
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!
Leave a Reply