This roasted red pepper hummus is creamy, peppery, easy to make, and full of flavor! Combine red peppers, chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon, garlic, and spices to creates this healthy hummus. Enjoy it with warm pita bread, vegetables, or spread inside your favorite sandwich.
One thing I love about hummus is the versatility of it. Once you have the core ingredients down, you can add virtually any vegetable, seasoning, or spice and instantly switch up the flavor. Plus, I find homemade hummus to be so much tastier than the store bought variety.
You may have already tried my roasted garlic hummus, but today we’re making a few adjustments to that recipe. The result? Roasted red pepper hummus. It’s creamy, flavorful, peppery, a bit garlicky, and made with 6 healthy ingredients.
What ingredients are in roasted red pepper hummus?
This healthy recipe is made with wholesome ingredients! Check out the full ingredients list below:
- Red bell peppers. Peppers are loaded with vitamins and minerals including Vitamins C, B6, K, E, A, and potassium.
- Garbanzo beans. Garbanzo beans, also known as chickpeas, are a wonderful source of plant-based protein.
- Olive oil. Olive oil is the primary source of fat in this recipe. It adds flavor and contributes to the smooth texture.
- Tahini. Tahini, otherwise known as sesame seed butter, helps create a creamy consistency.
- Lemon juice. Lemon juice is a great source of Vitamin C.
- Garlic cloves. Garlic provides various benefits to your health.
- Paprika, black pepper, salt. These spices and seasonings enhance the flavor of all other ingredients.
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
How to Roast Red Bell Peppers
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the red bell peppers on their side and roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Next, remove peppers from oven and allow them to cool completely. Remove stems and seeds. Peel off the charred outer skin.
Add roasted red peppers, garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, and paprika to a food processor. Process ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Transfer roasted red pepper hummus to a bowl. Garnish with red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil.
How to serve roasted red pepper hummus
My favorite way to garnish this recipe is with a drizzle extra virgin olive oil and red pepper flakes. Both ingredients enhance the overall flavor, although they are not required!
There are various ways to serve this healthy homemade hummus recipe:
- Pita bread, crackers, and chips
- Raw vegetables (carrots, celery, sliced bell peppers, and broccoli)
- Spread on toast, sandwiches, and wraps
- Added to salads, pasta, roasted veggies, and buddha bowls
- Served with falafel
- Spread on veggie burgers
More healthy vegan dip recipesPrint
Roasted red pepper hummus is creamy, peppery, and so healthy! Enjoy it with pita bread, crackers, or your favorite raw veggies.
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 can garbanazo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Optional garnish: olive oil and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place red bell peppers on their side. Roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow peppers to cool, then peel away the outer charred skin.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl. Garnish with olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Store roasted red pepper hummus in an airtight container inside the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: roasted red pepper hummus, healthy hummus recipe, spread for sandwiches, dip for vegetables
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!