Start the day with a refreshing and nourishing pineapple green smoothie! This tropical smoothie is made with spinach, pineapple, coconut milk, and optional add-ins. It’s vegan, dairy-free, low calorie, and great for weight loss. You could get anyone to eat spinach with this delicious beverage!
If you’ve been searching for a smoothie without banana, this is the recipe for you! This tropical green smoothie is made with pineapple, spinach, coconut milk, and a handful of optional add-ins. Try it with hemp seeds for healthy fats, maple syrup to sweeten the flavor, lime juice for a tart kick, or greens powder for extra nutrients.
You may be wondering, why pineapple? In my opinion, pineapple is one of the best fruits to blend with greens. Since this juicy fruit is bursting with sweet flavor, it easily hides spinach, kale, arugula, or any leafy green you choose to include. With the addition of pineapple, you don’t have to worry about your green smoothie tasting like a salad!
Additionally, pineapple provides countless health benefits. It is loaded with vitamin C, manganese, disease-fighting antioxidants, and beneficial digestive enzymes. If you’re a pineapple lover, like me, you should also try this simple green smoothie and piña colada smoothie bowl.
This pineapple green smoothie is:
- Healthy, vegan, dairy-free, and soy-free
- Sweet, refreshing, and creamy
- Requires just 3 ingredients
- Great for weight loss & healthy digestion
- A sneaky way to add greens to your kid’s diet
- An easy 5-minute breakfast recipe
Pineapple spinach smoothie ingredients
- Pineapple: This tropical fruit is a great source of vitamin C, bromelain, and antioxidants.
- Spinach: Spinach adds fiber and various minerals, like iron, calcium, and magnesium. You can also make this green smoothie with kale or arugula.
- Coconut milk: Enjoy the creamy consistency of coconut milk or use your favorite plant-based milk.
- Greens powder: Adding greens powder is a convenient way to make this smoothie a nutrient powerhouse. There are countless brands to choose from, including spirulina, wheatgrass, barley grass, or a blend of various greens.
- Hemp seeds: Although it’s optional, I recommend including a spoonful of hemp seeds for omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. If you don’t have them, you can add chia seeds or flax seeds instead.
- Lime: A squeeze of fresh lime juice brings a tangy flavor. You can also try lemon juice.
- Maple syrup: If you would like to sweeten the recipe, I suggest including real maple syrup. Medjool dates, honey, and agave nectar are other great options.
How to make a green smoothie with pineapple
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
This healthy pineapple smoothie is made in minutes with just three easy steps.
- Add ingredients to a blender. Combine pineapple, spinach, coconut milk, hemp seeds, greens powder, lime, and maple syrup in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients. Give the blender a twirl until it is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses. Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy!
How do you make green smoothies taste better?
If you are new to the world of green smoothies, there are a few things you can add to make your smoothie taste even better. Choose from the options below.
- Berries: When in doubt, add frozen berries! I’m convinced you can fix any green smoothie mishap by adding a handful of frozen blueberries or raspberries.
- Protein powder: Flavored protein powder is a smart way to enhance the flavor, because it also adds a boost of protein. Win-win! For this particular recipe, I recommend using a vanilla or berry-flavored variety.
- Apple juice: Since it has such a concentrated fruity flavor, apple juice helps brighten and sweeten any smoothie. Try the recipe with half coconut milk and half apple juice if you want a sweeter taste.
- Sweetener: One way to improve the flavor is, of course, adding sweetener. I recommend using maple syrup or medjool dates to naturally sweeten the beverage. Other options include honey, agave, and date syrup.
- Peanut butter: Make it a delicious peanut butter green smoothie and add healthy fats at the same time. You can also try almond butter or cashew butter.
- Spices: If there is a certain spice you love, add it to the blender for a flavor kick. Try cinnamon, vanilla, or fresh ginger (which will also provide immune boosting benefits).
- Vanilla yogurt: Vanilla yogurt makes a green smoothie creamier, thicker, and adds a tasty hint of vanilla flavor.
Other vegan smoothie recipes to try
- Simple Green Smoothie
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
This pineapple green smoothie recipe is healthy, vegan, and dairy-free. It’s made with spinach, pineapple, greens powder, lime, and hemp seeds. If you’re looking for a smoothie without banana, you’ll love this easy breakfast recipe! It’s great for weight loss and a whole food plant-based diet. #smoothie #smoothierecipe #detoxsmoothie #pineapple #smoothierecipeshealthy #smoothiesforweightloss #smoothiediet #greensmoothierecipes #healthybreakfast #spinach
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk (from a carton, not a can)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- ½ tbsp lime juice (optional)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon greens powder (optional)
- Add ingredients to a blender, starting with spinach at the bottom.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Feel free to adjust the amount of coconut milk as needed.
- Pour smoothie into glasses. Enjoy!
- Optional ingredients: Feel free to add all optional ingredients or choose your favorites.
- Nutrition information: Since the add-ins are optional, the nutrition info below includes the base ingredients only.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: pineapple green smoothie, pineapple spinach smoothie, smoothie without banana
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!