This piña colada smoothie bowl is a delicious tropical treat! It’s a healthy, refreshing, virgin twist on the classic piña colada beverage. Enjoy a sweet blend of pineapple, coconut, and banana paired with your favorite toppings. The recipe is vegan, dairy-free, and made with only 6 ingredients.
This pineapple coconut smoothie bowl is full of tropical goodness. It will have you dreaming of ocean waves and the warm sunshine beaming down. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this refreshing treat!
This piña colada smoothie bowl is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- Sweet, tropical, refreshing, and perfect for summertime
- Quick and easy // ready in 5 minutes
- Made with 6 healthy ingredients
- Reminiscent of the classic frozen cocktail (minus the rum!)
What is the flavor of piña colada?
The classic piña colada is a sweet cocktail made with pineapple juice, coconut cream, and white rum. This piña colada smoothie bowl is a healthy, refreshing, virgin twist on the traditional beverage. It contains nutritious ingredients – like pineapple, coconut, and banana – but mimics the tropical flavors found inside the original piña colada cocktail.
What is in a piña colada smoothie bowl?
- Pineapple: Frozen pineapple is the main ingredient in this smoothie bowl. Pineapple provides a sweet flavor and various nutrients, including vitamins C, A, B6, E and K.
- Coconut: This recipe calls for frozen coconut chunks, but you can use shredded coconut or coconut flakes instead. Coconut contains various minerals like iron, selenium, and magnesium.
- Banana: Frozen banana provides a thick and creamy smoothie consistency. They are rich in potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
- Maple syrup: Since piña coladas are traditionally sweet, a dash of maple syrup is included in this recipe. If you don’t have any maple syrup, you can use another liquid sweetener like coconut nectar, agave, or even honey.
- Lemon juice: A squeeze of lemon juice creates a subtle tart flavor. I find it helps to balance the sweetness from the fruit and maple syrup.
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk will create a creamy and coconutty taste. Instead of coconut milk, you can use another plant-based beverage like coconut water or almond milk.
How to make this pineapple coconut smoothie bowl
For the full ingredients and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
This pineapple coconut smoothie bowl is super easy to make! First, combine the ingredients in a blender. Then, blend them together until a smooth and creamy mixture forms. After, transfer the smoothie to a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
A high-quality machine (like the Vitamix blender) is best for this recipe. If you have a weaker blender, the frozen fruits may be tougher to break down. You can counter this by chopping the frozen fruit into small pieces prior to blending, or by adding extra coconut milk. Remember that more liquid creates a thinner consistency while less liquid creates a thicker consistency. For a truly thick and creamy smoothie, use the smallest amount of liquid as possible!
Use frozen fruit. For a thick and creamy smoothie bowl, it’s important to use frozen fruit. With frozen fruit, your smoothie will be similar to soft serve ice cream and capable of holding several toppings. If you use fresh fruit, it will turn into a regular drinkable smoothie.
How to freeze bananas: For starters, it’s important to use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas display a yellow peel with brown spots all over it. Once your bananas have ripened, remove and discard the peels. Then, place the bananas in a container or ziplock bag. Store them in the freezer for up to 1 month. If you enjoy smoothie bowls often, I recommend keeping several frozen bananas in the freezer at all times. That way, they’ll be ready to go whenever it’s time for a smoothie bowl!
Don’t forget the toppings. Toppings are definitely the best part of smoothie bowls. You can go crazy and add all of your favorite ingredients, or keep things simple with just a few. I love (and highly recommend) granola, coconut flakes, fresh pineapple, and sliced banana for this recipe. This piña colada smoothie bowl also pairs well with shredded coconut, mango, blueberries, and hemp seeds.
More healthy smoothie bowl recipes
- Pineapple Kale Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl
This piña colada smoothie bowl is a delicious tropical treat! It’s reminiscent of the classic piña colada beverage, containing the sweet flavors of pineapple and coconut. The easy recipe is vegan, dairy-free, and requires only 6 ingredients. Enjoy it with your favorite toppings and a spoon!
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add more liquid only as needed. More liquid will create a thinner smoothie while less liquid will create a thicker smoothie. For a thick and creamy consistency, use the smallest amount of liquid as possible to get the blades moving.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Add your favorite toppings such as granola, coconut flakes, fresh pineapple, and sliced banana.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 39g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 65
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: piña colada smoothie bowl, pineapple coconut smoothie bowl
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!