This strawberry banana smoothie is a classic recipe that everyone will love! It’s a quick and easy breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings. With just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes, this healthy smoothie is ready to take on-the-go. The simple recipe is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, and plant-based. It’s great for kids and adults alike!
What better way to start the day than with a nutrient-packed smoothie that is also pretty in pink? I mean, just looking at this pink drink puts me in a good mood! This strawberry banana smoothie is my take on a classic flavor combination. Strawberries and bananas go together like peanut butter and jelly. It works every single time.
This foolproof smoothie is ridiculously easy to make. You need 5 ingredients, 5 minutes, and a blender. You can keep things simple or include your favorite add-ins, like leafy greens and chia seeds. The best part? It’s perfect for adults, of course, but kids love it too! Pour a tall glass for yourself and a smaller glass for your kiddo. Since smoothies are portable, you can do this just as you head out the door. How convenient for busy mornings, right?
This strawberry banana smoothie is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- A healthy on-the-go breakfast recipe
- Made with 5 ingredients & ready in 5 minutes
- Portable for busy mornings and busy moms
- Kid-approved and non-vegan approved
- Customizable with various options for smoothie boosters
Strawberry smoothie ingredients
- Banana: Bananas are a must-have ingredient for the best smoothie recipes. They provide a creamy consistency and natural sweetness. Although you may use fresh bananas, I suggest using frozen bananas for a chilly beverage.
- Strawberry: Strawberries not only create the pretty pink appearance, but they also provide health benefits including vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Plant-based milk: Use any variety, like coconut milk or almond milk. For a nut-free smoothie, I suggest using oat milk instead. If you don’t have any milk in your refrigerator, you can use plain water, coconut water, or juice.
- Maple syrup: If you have a sweet tooth or you are new to healthy eating, you may want to incorporate a sweetener. Maple syrup is a wholesome option and healthier than processed sugar. This ingredient is not necessary for most people. Many would find this strawberry banana smoothie to be plenty sweet all on its own!
- Vanilla: A dash of vanilla extract enhances the flavor.
How to make a strawberry banana smoothie
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Homemade smoothies are one of the easiest recipes to follow. The process includes just 3 steps:
- Combine. Add all ingredients to a blender. This includes banana, strawberries, plant-based milk, maple syrup (if needed), and vanilla extract.
- Blend. Turn on the blender and get the ingredients moving. Blend until completely smooth, adding more liquid only as needed.
- Pour. Transfer the smoothie into glasses. Enjoy!
Enjoy the recipe exactly as it is written or add in smoothie boosters. Check out the full list below to discover your favorites.
- Protein powder: To make it a protein smoothie, add a spoonful of plant-based protein powder. I recommend using a vanilla or berry variety.
- Greens: A handful of fresh spinach or kale provides extra nutrients and fiber. This is a great way to keep yourself full and satisfied for several hours. Believe it or not, spinach is virtually flavorless when added to smoothies. So, if you are worried about tasting the greens, spinach is perfect for you.
- Nut butter: Add a spoonful of nut butter for a boost of healthy fats. I recommend peanut, almond, or cashew.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flax seeds are all nutritious options for omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Yogurt: Non-dairy yogurt, such as coconut yogurt or almond yogurt, makes the smoothie thicker and creamier.
- Lemon: A spritz of fresh lemon juice adds tart flavor and aids digestion.
- Ginger: Toss in a ½-inch cube of fresh ginger for its immune boosting benefits.
Tips for making the best strawberry banana smoothie
Don’t add ice. Smoothie recipes often pair fresh fruit with ice cubes. This seems like a great idea if you’re trying to create a refreshing beverage, right? Well, in my opinion, this is a big mistake. Ice actually dilutes the fruit and leads to a lackluster flavor. Instead, for a truly flavor-packed smoothie, be sure to use frozen bananas. This will give you a chilled smoothie and maximize fruity flavor.
Work the blender up to its highest speed. I recommend starting the blender on a low speed and gradually turning the dial up. It is easiest to make smoothies in a high-powered blender with a tamper, like a Vitamix blender.
Blend the greens first. If you are including greens in your smoothie, I recommend blending them with the plant-based milk before adding the other ingredients. This ensures even blending.
More healthy smoothie recipes
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Simple Green Smoothie
- Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
If you try this Strawberry Banana Smoothie, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is easy, healthy, vegan, and dairy-free. It contains 5 ingredients, including strawberries, bananas, and almond milk. Make this on the go breakfast for kids or adults – the whole family will love the classic flavor! It’s portable, ready in 5 minutes, and great for busy mornings. #smoothie #smoothierecipe #strawberry #strawberries #strawberrybananasmoothie #smoothierecipeshealthy #smoothiesforweightloss
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled before freezing
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup plant-based milk (such as almond milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour smoothie into glasses. Enjoy!
- Use maple syrup for additional sweetness, but only if needed. Most people will find the smoothie to be plenty sweet all on its own.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt, strawberry smoothie
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!