This mango banana smoothie bowl is a sweet and simple breakfast. The vibrant yellow color and tropical flavor is guaranteed to brighten your day!
There’s nothing quite like a refreshing smoothie to kickstart your morning, am I right? And it’s even better when the smoothie is a bright and beautiful yellow color! It’s like eating pure sunshine in a bowl.
This mango banana smoothie bowl is:
- Perfectly sweet
- Refreshing & tropical
5-Ingredient Mango Banana Smoothie
This mango banana smoothie bowl is one of my go-to breakfasts. With just 5 ingredients, it’s sweet, filling, and packed with nutrients. Let’s take a closer look at what’s inside…
- Mangoes: vitamin A, vitamin C, copper, folate, and antioxidants.
- Bananas: high in potassium and fiber.
- Lemon: great source of vitamin C and folate.
- Hemp seeds: offer many nutritional benefits including protein, fiber, vitamin E, magnesium, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
- Coconut milk: contains iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, and manganese.
- Use ripe bananas for the sweetest flavor! Ripe bananas always create the most delicious smoothies. But how do you know if your bananas are ripe? The answer is simple. Bananas are perfectly ripe when the peel is yellow with small brown specks. On the contrary, a solid yellow peel is a sign that the fruit is not ripe (and therefore, not sweet) yet. Check out this list for more tips to determine when fruit is ripe.
- Use frozen fruit. This particular recipe calls for frozen bananas and frozen mango chunks. To freeze the bananas, simply remove the peel and place the bananas in a bag or container. Then, store them in the freezer overnight.
- Add your favorite toppings! I love topping this smoothie bowl with fresh fruit to keep it light and sweet. Some other great options are coconut flakes, granola, and nuts/seeds.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these smoothie bowls:Print
Enjoy this vibrant yellow smoothie bowl with your favorite toppings and a spoon. The tropical flavors of mango and banana will have you craving more!
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If needed (depending on the speed of your blender), add more coconut milk until smooth.
- Spoon the smoothie into bowl(s). Add your favorite toppings.
- Make sure to use frozen fruit for a thick and creamy consistency.
Keywords: mango banana smoothie, mango smoothie, smoothie bowl, smoothie bowl recipe