This mango turmeric smoothie bowl is light, refreshing, and healthy! It’s an anti-inflammatory smoothie made with turmeric, mango, banana, lemon juice, hemp seeds, and plant-based milk. Enjoy this 5-minute vegan breakfast bowl with toppings and a spoon!
What is turmeric?
Believe it or not, turmeric isn’t just a yellow powder used in curry! In fact, turmeric has been used for thousands of years as both a spice and a powerful medicinal herb.
Turmeric contains an active ingredient called curcumin. Curcumin is a compound that provides potent anti-inflammatory effects. It’s also an antioxidant. Turmeric is quite well-researched; it has been proven to help the body fight against several diseases. Read these 10 proven health benefits and of turmeric and curcumin to learn more about this impressive spice!
This mango turmeric smoothie bowl is:
- Vegan, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free
- Light, sweet, and refreshing
- Anti-inflammatory // Packed with healthy ingredients
- Easy to make and ready in 5 minutes
- Made with just 6 plant-based ingredients
- Great for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
Anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie bowl ingredients
This 6-ingredient smoothie bowl is made with wholesome ingredients:
- Mango: Frozen mango chunks are the main ingredient in this smoothie recipe. Mango is a great source of vitamin C and contains vitamin A, vitamin E, copper, and folate.
- Banana: Frozen bananas not only provide a natural sweetness, but they also help to create a thick and creamy consistency. Bananas provide vitamin B6, potassium, and magnesium.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can help fight inflammation. It also contributes to the vibrant yellow-orange color of this smoothie bowl!
- Lemon: Fresh lemon juice adds a refreshing, slightly tart flavor.
- Hemp seeds: Although optional, I love adding hemp seeds because they contain plant-based protein + omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Plant-based milk: Use your favorite plant-based milk! Coconut, almond, cashew, and soy are all good options. Instead, you can opt for plain water, coconut water, or orange juice.
How much turmeric should I put in my smoothie?
I recommend adding ½ teaspoon turmeric powder to your smoothies and smoothie bowls. If you add more, the spice will likely overpower the other ingredients. Be sure to include sweet fruit, as well, in order to balance the turmeric flavor. This recipe includes mango and banana (two sweet fruits) for that reason!
Can you put fresh turmeric in a smoothie?
Yes! You can use fresh turmeric instead of the powdered variety. Remember to peel the turmeric first, and I recommend only using a ½ tablespoon chunk. Also, unless you have a powerful blender, it may be helpful to grate the turmeric prior to blending.
More mango smoothie bowl recipes
- Mango Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Green Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
If you try this Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This mango turmeric smoothie bowl is healthy, light, and refreshing. It’s an anti-inflammatory smoothie that’s great for breakfast. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy it with a spoon!
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. If needed, add more liquid to get the blades moving. However, remember that more liquid will create a thinner smoothie while less liquid will create a thicker smoothie.
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl. Add your favorite toppings, such as coconut flakes, granola, and fresh fruit. Enjoy with a spoon!
- Nutrition information below reflects the use of 1 tablespoon hemp seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie bowl
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: mango turmeric smoothie bowl, anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!