Cosmic Brownie Bites (Healthy & Gluten-Free)
Healthy cosmic brownie bites are vegan, gluten-free, no-bake, and refined sugar-free! This is a nutritious twist on the classic Little Debbie dessert. The recipe is made with medjool dates, almonds, walnuts, and cocoa powder. They’re a quick and easy, 10 minute snack!
If you’re anything like me, you probably indulged in one too many Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies as a kid. Those fudgy squares were my weakness!
While I’ve already shared a delicious No-Bake Vegan Cosmic Brownies recipe, I wanted to create an even healthier, bite-sized version. The result? Cosmic Brownie Bites! They’re a cross between fudgy brownies and chewy energy bites.
If you loved cosmic brownies, you’ll enjoy this grown-up version. They’re high fiber, nutrient-packed, and loaded with healthy fats. The recipe contains 8 wholesome ingredients including medjool dates, almonds, walnuts, and shredded coconut.
Just like the original childhood snack, they’re also decorated with rainbow candy-coated chocolate chips. You can store them in the freezer for a healthy dessert whenever chocolate cravings strike.
These cosmic brownie bites are:
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and oil-free
- Rich, chewy, and chocolatey
- Made in 10 minutes
- Sweetened with dates // no refined sugar
- A healthy snack for kids and adults
What are healthy cosmic brownie bites made of?
- Medjool dates: Medjool dates create a sweet flavor while keeping the cosmic brownie bites refined sugar-free. Be sure to use fresh, soft dates for the best results.
- Almonds: Raw almonds are packed with healthy fats, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Walnuts: Raw walnuts are rich in antioxidants and may support brain function.
- Shredded coconut: This ingredient is just finely shredded dried coconut. I recommend using an unsweetened brand to keep it sugar-free.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa, or cacao powder, creates the rich chocolatey flavor.
- Vanilla extract: A dash of vanilla makes the brownie bites sweeter.
- Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor.
- Candy coated chocolate chips: Rainbow candy-coated chips create the classic cosmic brownie appearance. If you can’t find them, use 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips and 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles.
How to make cosmic brownie bites
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
First, add medjool dates, almonds, walnuts, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor.
Next, blend the ingredients until a sticky dough forms. If your dough is crumbly rather than sticky, add 1-2 tbsp maple syrup and blend again. The additional maple syrup will help the ingredients stick together. It will also create a sweeter flavor, so feel free to add it if desired.
Then, transfer the brownie dough to a bowl. Add candy coated chocolate chips. Mix together.
Lastly, using clean hands, scoop and roll the dough into bite-sized balls. Enjoy!
Recipe variations for cosmic brownie energy bites
Thankfully, energy bites are quite forgiving and easily customizable! You can play around with the recipe and alter it as needed. I’ve listed a few easy ingredient swaps below.
- Almonds and walnuts: Replace either ingredient with raw cashews or raw pecans. You will get similar results to the original.
- Rainbow candy-coated chips: If you cannot find this ingredient, replace it with 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips + 3 tbsp rainbow sprinkles.
- How to make them sweeter: These brownie bites are a healthy snack. If you would like a sweeter flavor, you can add 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey. If you don’t mind added sugar, coconut sugar works well too.
How to store cosmic brownie energy bites
Store these healthy cosmic brownie bites inside a sealed container. Keep at room temperature for 3 days or inside the refrigerator for 1 week.
Alternatively, if you would like to store them longterm, keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Healthy cosmic brownie bites are no-bake, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free! It’s a healthier copycat version of the Little Debbie cosmic brownies dessert. The easy recipe is made with medjool dates, almonds, walnuts, cocoa, and rainbow candy-coated chocolate chips. This 10 minute snack is great for kids and adults! #cosmicbrownies #browniebites #brownies #energybites #energyballs #proteinballs #proteinbites #healthydessert #healthysnack #nobake #nobakebrownies
- Add medjool dates, almonds, walnuts, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor.
- Blend the ingredients until a sticky dough forms. If your dough is crumbly rather than sticky, add 1-2 tbsp maple syrup and blend again. The additional maple syrup will help the ingredients stick together. It will also create a sweeter flavor, so feel free to add it if desired.
- Transfer the brownie dough to a bowl. Add candy coated chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Using clean hands, scoop and roll the dough into bite-sized balls. Enjoy!
- Store cosmic brownie bites inside a sealed container. Keep at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for 1 week. Alternatively, store in the refrigerator for 1 week. If you would like to store them longterm, keep in the freezer for 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie bite
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: cosmic brownie bites, healthy cosmic brownie bites
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!