No-bake snickers brownies are vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free! They contain four delicious layers: raw brownies, chewy nougat, nutty caramel, and rich chocolate topping. This easy dessert recipe is made without dates, no food processor, and no oven. They’re loaded with healthy ingredients, including almond flour and peanut butter. Everyone can enjoy this homemade twist on the classic candy bar!
Behold, another brownie recipe! I know, I know… we’ve got all sorts of brownies around here already. I’ve shared Cookie Dough Brownies, No-Bake Coconut Brownies, Hazelnut Brownies, Turtle Brownies, and even Protein Brownies. Clearly, I’m a firm believer that life can never have too many versions of these chocolatey squares.
These No-Bake Snickers Brownies are going straight to the top of my “best brownies” list! I love them for several reasons:
- The taste. (Of course!) There’s a whole lot going on here, but you’ll enjoy each part of it. These brownies are sweet and salty, soft and chewy, a little bit crunchy, and rich with chocolate flavor.
- The ingredients. This dessert is made with healthy ingredients, like almond flour, peanut butter, and real maple syrup. That’s right – no dates and no refined sugar used in this treat.
- The easy instructions. No baking, no stovetop, and no food processor are required! You just need a couple bowls, a microwave, and a square pan.
These raw caramel brownies are:
- Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and soy-free
- Freezer-friendly // a convenient make-ahead treat
- A quick and easy no-bake dessert
- Made without a food processor & without an oven
- Reminiscent of the classic snickers candy bar
- Almond flour: This grain-free flour is made from finely ground almonds. It is a healthier alternative to all-purpose flour and it can be consumed raw.
- Peanut butter: We’ll use creamy peanut butter for both the raw brownies and the healthy caramel. I recommend using a thick no-stir peanut butter instead of a runny natural peanut butter for the best results.
- Cocoa: Cocoa powder (or cacao powder) gives the brownies a rich chocolate flavor.
- Maple syrup: The brownies, nougat, and caramel are all naturally sweetened with real maple syrup instead of refined sugar.
- Coconut flour: This type of flour is made from dried, finely ground coconut meat. It is naturally gluten-free and used inside the no-bake nougat layer.
- Chocolate chips: Snickers wouldn’t be complete without chocolate! Use your favorite non-dairy chocolate chips for this part.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil gives the caramel layer a silky-smooth texture. Also, it gives the chocolate topping a melt-in-your-mouth consistency and prevents it from breaking apart when you slice the bars. Be sure to use refined coconut oil if you don’t want any coconut flavor.
- Peanuts: Chopped peanuts add crunchy texture throughout the caramel. I recommend using roasted unsalted peanuts. If yours are already salted, scale back the amount of salt in the brownies to just a pinch.
- Non-dairy milk: A few tablespoons of non-dairy milk softens the nougat layer. Use any variety, such as almond milk or coconut milk.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract adds warmth to both the brownies and the caramel.
- Salt: A pinch of salt balances the sweet caramel and enhances the rich chocolate flavors.
How to make vegan snickers brownies
For the full ingredient measurements and step-by-step instructions, scroll down to view the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Prepare the no-bake brownies
First, add all of the brownie ingredients to a large bowl. This includes almond flour, peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together until the ingredients are evenly combined.
Then, line a square baking dish with parchment paper. I recommend using a 7×7, 8×8, or 9×9-inch pan. Using clean hands, firmly press the brownie dough against the bottom of the pan.
Create the no-bake vegan nougat
Next, add all of the nougat ingredients to a bowl. This includes almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and salt. Mix together until the ingredients are evenly combined.
Transfer the nougat to the baking dish. Firmly press it against the brownie layer.
Make the healthy caramel sauce
Time for the best layer: easy vegan caramel! First, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Whisk together for 3-5 minutes, until the ingredients combine and begin to thicken. Stir in the chopped peanuts afterwards.
Pour the nutty caramel over the nougat. Spread it across the baking dish in an even layer. Then, store the baking dish in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set the caramel.
Melt the chocolate chips
Lastly, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until combined. (This should only take about 1 minute total.)
Pour melted chocolate over the caramel layer, and immediately spread it across the pan. Be sure to work quickly! Since the caramel is cold, the chocolate will begin to set as soon as it touches the caramel.
After, store in the freezer or refrigerator for 5-10 minutes (or longer) to set. Finally, slice the brownies into 16 squares. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top, if desired. Enjoy!
How to slice clean cut brownies
I’m often asked how I make clean slices for my dessert bars. It’s a simple process that requires hot water, a large knife, and a towel. Follow the steps below to impress your guests with perfectly-sliced treats every time!
- Gently lift parchment paper out of the baking dish to remove the square of brownies.
- Place a large knife under hot running water for 10-15 seconds, then immediately wipe it dry with a towel.
- Slowly slice into the brownies, allowing the hot knife to slightly melt through the chocolate topping. Immediately wipe the knife clean and slice again. Whenever the knife begins to cool, which typically occurs after 2-3 slices, run it under hot water and repeat.
Pro tip: Be sure to wipe your knife clean between every single cut for the best results!
How to store no-bake caramel brownies
Store these raw snickers brownies inside a sealed container to maintain freshness. Keep inside the refrigerator for up to 1 week or inside the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you are freezing the brownies, I recommend using parchment paper to prevent them from sticking to each other once frozen. A ziplock bag with the air pressed out of it will work best for freezing.
If you try these No-Bake Snickers Brownies, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
No-bake snickers brownies are vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free! This easy and healthy dessert recipe is made without dates and no food processor. The layered bars contain raw brownies, no-bake nougat, vegan caramel sauce, crunchy peanuts, and rich chocolate. Everyone can enjoy this raw dessert & the reminiscent flavor of snickers candy bars! #snickers #brownies #nobakedesserts #rawvegan #nobake #vegandessert #caramel #healthydessertrecipes
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped peanuts, roasted and unsalted
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Create brownies: Add brownie ingredients to a large bowl. Mix together until the ingredients are evenly combined. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Using clean hands, firmly press the brownie dough against the bottom of the pan.
- Create nougat: Add nougat ingredients to a bowl. Mix together until the ingredients are evenly combined. Transfer nougat to the baking dish. Firmly press the nougat across the brownie layer.
- Create caramel: Add peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to a bowl. Whisk together for 3-5 minutes, until the ingredients combine and begin to thicken. Stir in the chopped peanuts afterwards. Pour caramel over the nougat and spread it across the dish in an even layer. Store in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set the caramel layer.
- Create chocolate: Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until combined. Pour melted chocolate over the caramel layer, and immediately spread it across the pan. (Be sure to work quickly! Since the caramel is cold, the chocolate will harden.) After, store in the freezer or refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Slice: Slice the brownies into 16 squares. If desired, sprinkle flaky sea salt on top. Enjoy!
- Peanut butter: I recommend using a thick no-stir peanut butter instead of a runny natural peanut butter for the best results
- Coconut oil: Be sure to use refined coconut oil if you don’t want any coconut flavor.
- Peanuts: I recommend using roasted unsalted peanuts. If yours are already salted, scale back the amount of salt in the brownies to just a pinch.
- How to slice brownies: Read full blog post for instructions on how to make clean cut slices.
- Storage: Keep inside the refrigerator for up to 1 week or inside the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: vegan caramel brownies, snickers bar brownies, raw brownies without dates
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!