This vegan gluten-free banana bread is oh so delicious! It’s moist, sweet, and requires 10 simple ingredients. Enjoy a slice for your mid-morning snack or as an evening dessert. It’s great for any occasion!
How to Make Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread
This recipe is quite simple. The batter can be prepped and placed into the oven within just 10 minutes.
First, you’ll need to get your hands on some medium, extra ripe bananas. The peels should be yellow with several brown spots. Add the bananas to a large bowl and mash them together until smooth. Then, toss in the wet ingredients and combine. After, fold in the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and voila! The banana bread is now ready to bake for 1 hour.
What is in Banana Bread?
This recipe is a healthy twist on the classic. Since it’s vegan and gluten-free, we will not be using eggs or flour. Instead, we will use the following ingredients:
- Oat flour
- Brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Walnuts (optional)
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Always use extra ripe bananas when making banana bread. As mentioned above, the banana peels should be yellow with several brown spots. The riper the banana, the sweeter the taste.
- Feel free to get creative with the mix-ins. I absolutely love to include chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips in this recipe. I highly recommend you try it out! However, you can use chopped pecans, sliced almonds, coconut flakes, shredded coconut, or carob chips instead.
- Add a topping! Prior to baking, you may sprinkle brown sugar, rolled oats, or sliced banana on top of the batter.
- Enjoy this vegan gluten-free banana bread with a cold glass of almond milk. It’s so delicious!
If you love this vegan gluten-free banana bread recipe, you may also enjoy these treats:
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
This banana bread is moist, sweet, and beyond delicious! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and uses only 10 ingredients.
- 3 medium, extra ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or generously coat the pan with oil to prevent sticking.
- Wet Ingredients: Peel the extra ripe bananas. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until nearly smooth. Add brown sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Toss in the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the parchment-lined (or generously greased) loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Use the moist-texture toothpick test to determine whether or not it is finished baking.
- Allow banana bread to cool before slicing and serving.
*You can buy pre-made oat flour, or create your own at home! Simply add 2.5 cups rolled oats to a high-speed blender or food processor. Process the oats until a fine flour is formed. Then, measure 2 cups and proceed with the recipe.
Keywords: banana bread, gluten-free, baked goods, bananas