This banana bread is moist, sweet, and beyond delicious! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and uses only 10 ingredients.
- 3 medium, extra ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil*
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour**
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or generously coat the pan with oil to prevent sticking.
- Wet Ingredients: Peel the extra ripe bananas. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until nearly smooth. Add brown sugar, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Toss in the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the parchment-lined (or generously greased) loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Use the moist-texture toothpick test to determine whether or not it is finished baking.
- Allow banana bread to cool before slicing and serving.
*If your coconut oil is solid, add a few spoonfuls to a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Then, measure out 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe.
**You can buy pre-made oat flour, or create your own at home! Simply add 2.5 cups rolled oats to a high-speed blender or food processor. Process the oats until a fine flour is formed. Then, measure 2 cups and proceed with the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 24g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip banana bread, gluten-free chocolate chip bread, banana cake