These superfood breakfast cookies are packed with nutrients! It’s a healthy recipe containing vegan and gluten-free ingredients without compromising flavor. Enjoy a freshly baked, guilt-free cookie made in under 30 minutes.
Today I’m bringing you superfood breakfast cookies. Why? Because I’ll take any excuse to eat cookies for breakfast. Plus, when the cookies are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, it’s a guilt-free experience. (Not that guilt should ever be associated with food in the first place!)
These vegan breakfast cookies are crunchy, nutty, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They are also ready in under 30 minutes. Let’s get started!
What are superfoods?
Superfoods have a broad definition depending on whom you ask. They do not fall under one single food group, but they are always nutrient-dense and typically plant-based. The most popular “superfoods” are nuts, seeds, leafy greens, and berries.
For these superfood breakfast cookies, we’ll use various ingredients that are often classified as superfoods. This includes pumpkin seeds, almonds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and cranberries.
What ingredients are in vegan gluten-free superfood breakfast cookies?
These vegan breakfast cookies are naturally sweetened with maple syrup and loaded with nuts and seeds. Check out the list below:
- Rolled oats
- Oat flour
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sliced almonds
- Dried cranberries
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed meal
- Nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew)
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
How to make Superfood Breakfast Cookies
Begin by combining rolled oats, oat flour, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl. Mix together.
In a separate bowl, combine nut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
Next, pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix the batter to thoroughly combine.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Note: parchment paper helps prevent sticking. Alternatively, you can grease the baking sheet with oil. Scoop the dough into 12 rounds. Use clean hands to press the rounds into flat cookies.
Bake the superfood breakfast cookies for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to golden. After, remove from oven and cool. Enjoy with a cold glass of almond milk!
Here are a few tips for perfecting these superfood breakfast cookies.
- Use your favorite nut butter. Almond butter, peanut butter, and cashew butter are great choices. Alternatively, try this 7 nut & seed butter for an extra boost of nutrients and a unique flavor. It’s so delicious! If you have a nut allergy, use sunflower seed butter instead.
- You can make substitutions for a few ingredients in this recipe. Instead of dried cranberries, try raisins or dried blueberries. Also, sunflower seeds can replace the pumpkin seeds. I do not recommend making substitutions for the rolled oats, flaxseed meal, nut butter, or maple syrup.
- The cookies will still be relatively soft after baking. Upon cooling, they will firm and provide a crunchy texture.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container. They should keep for up to 1 week.
If you love these superfood breakfast cookies, you may also enjoy these healthy vegan cookie recipes:Print
These superfood breakfast cookies are crunchy, nutty, and filled with healthy ingredients. Enjoy this vegan, gluten-free treat for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine rolled oats, oat flour, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add nut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix together.
- Scoop cookie dough into 12 balls and place on the baking sheet. Press each ball into flat cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to golden. Remove from oven and cool. Enjoy with a cold glass of almond milk!
*To melt coconut oil, add several spoonfuls to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Then, measure 3 tbsp and proceed with the recipe.
Keywords: superfood breakfast cookies, breakfast cookies, vegan breakfast cookies, superfood cookies, healthy dessert