This creamy vegan sweet potato soup is warming, comforting, and cozy! It’s a perfect recipe for the fall and winter season. Enjoy a bowl filled with wholesome ingredients – including sweet potato, onion, coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger, and more.
I find myself always craving soup during the fall and winter season. Something about a warm, nutritious bowl always sounds great this time of year. If you’re anything like me, this creamy vegan sweet potato soup is exactly what you need!
This comforting, cozy recipe contains five healthy ingredients and a few tasty spices. It’s beyond easy to make; you only need one pot and 30 minutes. Enjoy a bowl for lunch or dinner when you’re in need of a light yet satisfying meal!
What ingredients are in creamy vegan sweet potato soup?
This soup is so easy to make! With just five ingredients and a few spices, you’ll have a delicious soup ready within 30 minutes. Plus, all of the ingredients are vegan and gluten-free.
- Sweet potatoes
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Coconut milk
- Spices (black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper)
How to Make Creamy Vegan Sweet Potato Soup
Begin by preparing the ingredients: dice onion, cube sweet potato, and mince garlic.
Then, add oil and diced onion to a large pot. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic and cubed sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, light coconut milk, and spices to the pot. Stir together.
Bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
After, remove pot from the stove. Use a handheld immersion blender to blend the ingredients into a creamy soup. Alternatively, add ingredients to a traditional blender and blend on high until smooth. This step should require a few minutes; be sure to blend until a truly creamy sweet potato soup is formed.
Finally, pour soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, hemp seeds, and coconut milk.
- There are two ways to create this soup: a handheld immersion blender or a traditional blender. I prefer using this immersion blender. It’s easy, saves times, and requires less dishes. Plus, you can create this soup from start to finish with just one pot. What an easy clean-up process, right?
- If you do not own an immersion blender, you can still make this recipe! Simply blend the ingredients in a traditional blender instead.
- Garnish this creamy vegan sweet potato soup with cilantro, hemp seeds, and coconut milk. Other delicious toppings include roasted chickpeas, crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes, and green onion.
- Feel free to adjust the spices and seasoning to your preferred taste.
- Got leftovers? Allow the soup to cool before transferring to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator. It should keep for 2-3 days.
If you love this recipe, you may also enjoy these healthy dinner recipes:
If you try this Creamy Vegan Sweet Potato Soup, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This creamy vegan sweet potato soup is warming, comforting, and cozy! It’s a wholesome recipe perfect for the fall and winter season.
- Prepare ingredients by dicing the onion, cubing the sweet potatoes, and mincing the garlic.
- Add oil and diced onion to a large pot. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic and cubed sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, light coconut milk, and spices to the pot. Stir together.
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
- After, remove pot from the stove. Use a handheld immersion blender to blend all ingredients into a creamy soup. Alternatively, pour the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend into a creamy soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- Got leftovers? Allow the soup to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: creamy sweet potato soup vegan, savory sweet potato soup
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!