This creamy vegan sweet potato soup recipe is easy, healthy, and made with coconut milk! It’s a one pot soup for a crowd, busy families, and the fall or winter season. You’ll love this cozy soup! It’s a dairy-free, gluten-free, and plant-based comfort food dinner idea. #sweetpotatosoup #sweetpotato #soup #souprecipes #onepot #coconutmilk #sweetpotatorecipes #sweetpotatoes #yams #vegansoup #fallrecipes #winterrecipes
- Prepare ingredients by dicing the onion, cubing the sweet potatoes, and mincing the garlic.
- Add oil and diced onion to a large pot. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic and cubed sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, light coconut milk, and spices to the pot. Stir together.
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
- After, remove pot from the stove. Use a handheld immersion blender to blend all ingredients into a creamy soup. Alternatively, pour the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend into a creamy soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- Got leftovers? Allow the soup to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: creamy sweet potato soup vegan, savory sweet potato soup