This vegan thai red curry is easy to make, packed with flavor, and ready in just 30 minutes! Enjoy this healthy curry on its own or serve it with rice for the ultimate cozy and comforting meal.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil (olive, avocado, or coconut)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (red, orange, or yellow)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2.5 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 14oz can coconut milk (full-fat or light)
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups leafy greens (spinach or kale), optional
- Brown or white rice, for serving
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
- Cilantro, to garnish
- If serving with rice, cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Warm a large pot on medium-low heat. Add oil and diced onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and fragrant. Add minced garlic and grated ginger. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously. Add bell peppers, carrots, and red curry paste. Mix together. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring ingredients to a boil (increase heat as needed), then reduce the heat and simmer (partially covered) for approximately 15 minutes. If adding spinach or kale, stir in during the last 5 minutes. Once the curry is reduced and vegetables are tender, remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve curry over the rice. Garnish with sriracha, cilantro, or any ingredients of your choosing.
- Be sure to vigorously shake the canned coconut milk before opening.
- Nutrition information below reflects just the curry (without the rice).
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan thai red curry, indian recipe vegan, thai curry