Vegan cinnamon sugar donuts are light, fluffy, moist, and baked to perfection! They’re tossed in a sweet cinnamon sugar coating and super easy to make. The recipe is dairy-free, contains no eggs, no yeast, and can be gluten-free or oil-free. Great for vegan brunch, breakfast, or even dessert! #donuts #veganbaking #cinnamonsugar #vegandonuts #healthybaking #cinnamon #glutenfreebaking #veganbreakfast #veganbakedgoods #cinnamonsugardonuts
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Prepare flax egg: Combine ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken the consistency.
- Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine wet ingredients: In a bowl, combine the flax egg, plant-based milk, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Combine dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Add wet to dry: Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix until they evenly combine; do not over-mix the batter.
- Add batter to donut pan: Liberally coat a donut pan with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray. Add the batter to each donut slot, filling it only 2/3 of the way so the batter can rise while baking.
- Bake: Bake donuts for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. Then, transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Coat donuts in cinnamon sugar: In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, melt the vegan butter in the microwave. Brush a donut with melted vegan butter, then gently toss inside the cinnamon sugar. Evenly coat the entire donut, and repeat until all donuts are coated. Enjoy!
- Donuts are best enjoyed freshly baked or during the same day you create them. Store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature. They will keep for 2 days (at most).
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Vegan cinnamon sugar donuts, vegan donut recipe