The BEST vegan chocolate chip cookies ever! They are crispy on the edges yet soft, chewy, and gooey on the inside. These cookies are loaded with pockets of melted chocolate in every bite.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened (from a tub, not sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (measured correctly, see notes*)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Add vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large bowl. Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together just until combined (about 1-2 minutes). Add the plant-based milk and vanilla extract. Cream together once more to combine.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Fold the ingredients together until evenly combined. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the cookie dough with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11-14 minutes on the middle rack in your oven. Remove cookies from the oven while they still appear slightly underbaked. Once you remove them from the oven, let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. They will firm up and de-puff while cooling. Enjoy!
- *Measure the flour correctly. Flour should never be scooped or packed into a measuring cup. Instead, gently spoon the flour into the measuring cup and scrape off any excess using a flat object (such as the edge of a knife). For accurate measurements, I highly recommend weighing the flour. The original recipe calls for roughly 215 grams all-purpose flour.
- For soft and chewy cookies, do not over-bake them. Remove the cookies from the oven while they still appear slightly underbaked. Let the cookies cool on the warm baking sheet for 5 minutes before enjoying. During this time, they will firm up and de-puff. The end result will have a soft and chewy center with crispy golden edges.
- If you are baking at high altitude: Did you know baking at high altitude can cause your cookies to overspread and brown too much? If you are baking at 3,500 ft above sea level or more, you may need to make adjustments. Try adding 2 tbsp flour and removing 2 tbsp sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, dairy-free chocolate chip cookies