Slow cooker lentil curry with rice is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and easy to make! This plant-based dinner recipe is effortlessly made in the Buydeem Two-Tier Intelligent Food Steamer. It contains healthy ingredients like coconut milk, lentils, and vegetables. It's a convenient meal for busy weeknights and families! #curry #lentils #slowcooker #steamer #ricerecipes #lentilcurry #vegandinner #dinnerrecipe
Slow Cooker Lentil Curry
- 1/2 cup brown or green lentils, rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1 cup rice, rinsed well
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups veggies of choice
Instructions for the Buydeem Food Steamer:
- First, power on the Buydeem Intelligent Food Steamer. Fill the stew pot water tank with water, stopping just below the maximum line.
- In one of the stew pots, add rinsed rice and water. Cover with the lid. In the second stew pot, add rinsed lentils, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, onion powder, curry powder, garam masala, coconut sugar, salt, and vegetable broth. Stir together and cover with the lid.
- Next, insert the stew pots into the stand. Carefully transfer the stand to the steamer and cover with the two-tiered lid. Turn on steam mode for 55 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, add vegetables of your choosing to the ceramic tray. Place the tray on the upper rack to steam vegetables for the remaining 10 minutes. Carefully remove the lid and disassemble the food steamer. Add coconut milk to the lentil curry and stir together.
- Divide the rice, lentil curry, and steamed vegetables amongst serving bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Instructions for a regular slow cooker:
- This recipe is intended to be made in the Buydeem Two-Tier Intelligent Food Steamer. However, you can still make the lentil curry in a regular slow cooker. In order to do this, you will want to triple the lentil curry recipe. This is because most slow cookers require a large volume of ingredients.
- Begin by adding rinsed lentils, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, onion powder, curry powder, garam masala, coconut sugar, and salt to the slow cooker. Stir together to combine.
- Next, cover with the lid. Slow cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the lentils are tender. After, turn off the slow cooker and stir in the coconut milk. Serve lentil curry over cooked rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- How to store leftovers: Allow the curry to cool down to room temperature. Transfer to a sealed container and store inside the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm on the stovetop or inside the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 75g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: slow cooker lentil curry, slow cooker lentils and rice, lentil dinner recipes