This 5-minute homemade peanut butter is so EASY! Prepare this creamy nut butter with just ONE ingredient and a blender or food processor. Enjoy it on oatmeal, toast, smoothie bowls, and more.
- 2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional, but recommended)
- 1–2 tbsp sweetener (sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- 1–2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1–2 tbsp seeds (hemp, chia, ground flaxseed)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Peanut oil (if needed when using other add-ins)
- Add peanuts and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender (like a Vitamix).
- Pulse the peanuts for 1 minute. They will form into a dry, crumbly, and gritty flour. Scrape down the sides of the container with a spoon or rubber spatula. Process the peanuts again for 2-3 minutes. It will start to form into a thick paste. Continue pulsing/blending for 1-2 minutes. Eventually, the peanuts will form into a smooth and creamy butter. If you are including add-ins, add them now and blend together until smooth.
- Transfer peanut butter to a lidded jar or container.
- Omit the salt if you’re already using salted peanuts.
- Store peanut butter in the refrigerator. It will keep for several weeks.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: homemade peanut butter, how to make peanut butter