Vegan pecan pie bars are easy, gluten-free, eggless, and made without corn syrup! This classic fall dessert recipe contains a buttery pie crust layer and sticky-sweet pecan topping. They’re made with pantry staples like flour, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and medjool dates. These pie bars are a festive holiday dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas parties! #pecanpie #pecanpiebars #pie #piebars #thanksgivingrecipes #christmasrecipes #vegandessert #veganpie #holidayrecipes #veganbaking
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup vegan butter, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. If you use a 9×13-inch baking dish, reduce the baking time by 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Whisk together.
- Add cubed vegan butter and vanilla extract to the bowl. Using a pastry cutter or a large fork, cut the flour into the butter until a crumbled dough forms. Don’t overwork the dough. There will be small specks of butter remaining throughout – that’s normal and expected!
- Transfer the dough to the baking dish. Press the dough across the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the pan.
- Vigorously shake the sweetened condensed coconut milk cans to mix the contents inside. If they are not mixed together when you open them, pour into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to melt together.
- In a large bowl, add sweetened condensed coconut milk, chopped pecans, chopped medjool dates, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix together until evenly combined. Pour mixture over the cooled crust. Spread evenly across the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the pan. Once cooled, transfer to the refrigerator for 1 hour to set (overnight is preferred).
- Remove pecan pie bars from the refrigerator. Slice into squares. Enjoy!
- How to store: Store leftover pecan pie bars inside a sealed container in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to 5-7 days. If you would like to store them longterm, keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan pecan pie bars, pecan pie bars without corn syrup, recipes using sweetened condensed coconut milk