Vegan peanut butter cookies are chewy, soft, moist, and easy to make! The one bowl recipe is gluten-free friendly, dairy-free, and contains no eggs. They are made in 30 minutes with pantry staples like flour, butter, sugar, and peanut butter. These sweet and salty cookies are one of the best peanut butter desserts! #vegancookies #cookierecipes #peanutbuttercookies #peanutbutter #cookierecipe #veganbaking #vegandesserts #vegandessert #glutenfreecookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (see notes*)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (170g) (see notes**)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter, vegan butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Using an electric handheld mixer or a stand mixer, cream the ingredients together until combined (about 1-2 minutes). Add the almond milk and vanilla extract. Cream together once more to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Fold the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl, add the extra 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling. Scoop the cookie dough into balls, then roll in the sugar to evenly coat the outside. Transfer balls of cookie dough to the baking sheet(s).
- Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes on the middle rack in your oven. You should remove them from the oven while the center still appears underbaked. Once you remove them from the oven, let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. They will de-puff and firm up while cooling. Enjoy!
- *Peanut butter: Use a thicker peanut butter, not a super drippy kind.
- **How to measure flour: Flour should never be scooped or packed into a measuring cup. Instead, gently spoon the flour into a measuring cup and scrape off any excess. For accurate measurements, I highly recommend weighing the flour. This recipe uses 170g of all-purpose flour.
- How to store cookies: Store cookies inside a sealer container at room temperature for 3-4 days. If saving longterm, store inside a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cookies, vegan peanut butter blossoms