Hot chocolate cookies are one of the best easy holiday desserts for Christmas or Thanksgiving! This winter dessert recipe is vegan, dairy-free, and made with marshmallows. You’ll love these Christmas cookies so much. They are even more delicious than hot cocoa! #cookies #cookierecipes #vegancookies #vegandessert #holidaydesserts #christmasrecipes #marshmallows #thanksgiving #thanksgivingrecipe
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips*
- 8 vegan marshmallows, halved
- Optional: melted vegan chocolate (to drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice vegan marshmallows in half crosswise.
- In a large bowl, add vegan butter, white sugar, and light brown sugar. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together. Then, add nondairy milk and vanilla extract. Cream ingredients together again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Fold dry ingredients (flour mixture) into the wet ingredients (creamed butter and sugar). Mix to thoroughly combine. Then, fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough into 16 balls. Place on the baking sheet(s).
- Bake cookies for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and press a halved marshmallow into the center of each cookie. Bake cookies again for 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Optional: drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies while cooling. To melt chocolate chips, microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until chocolate combines. Be careful not to burn the chocolate; this should only require 2-3 intervals.
*I recommend using 1/2 cup chocolate chunks + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan hot chocolate cookies, vegan hot cocoa cookies, vegan christmas cookies