Thai red curry noodles are vegan, gluten-free, spicy, creamy and flavorful! This quick and easy dinner recipe is made with one pot. The coconut red curry sauce contains coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, garlic, ginger, and lime. You can serve these rice noodles with vegetables and your choice of protein, like tofu or chicken. It’s a delicious 30 minute meal idea for weeknights and busy families! #redcurry #thairedcurry #currynoodles #noodles #curry #vegancurry #vegetablecurry #padthai #stirfry
- 8 oz pad thai or stir fry noodles (gluten-free or grain-free if needed)
- 1 tbsp oil (avocado, olive, or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, but undercook them 3 minutes. The noodles will cook further with the sauce later on. After, drain and rinse the noodles with cold water. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pot, warm the oil over medium-low heat. Add finely diced onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Cook, stirring together, for 3-4 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, red curry paste, tomato paste, soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, and sriracha sauce to the pot. Whisk together. Bring the sauce to a boil, then stir in the cornstarch. Keep cooking until the sauce becomes thicker and creamier.
- Add cooked rice noodles to the pot. Stir together until hot and evenly coated. The noodles will finish cooking and begin to absorb some of the sauce.
- Serve noodles immediately. Garnish with green onion, fresh cilantro, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
- How to serve: Enjoy the noodles on their own, or serve them with your choice of vegetables and protein. I recommend a stir fry blend (such as broccoli, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, etc.) and tofu or chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 463
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: red curry noodles, thai red curry noodles