This papaya banana smoothie recipe is healthy, vegan, and dairy-free! It’s made with 5 ingredients including frozen bananas, papaya chunks, and coconut milk. Enjoy this tropical smoothie for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s a delicious beverage for summer, great for kids, and so easy to make! #papaya #papayasmoothie #smoothierecipes #smoothierecipe #smoothies #vegansmoothie #veganbreakfast #tropicalsmoothie
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled before freezing
- 2 cups chopped papaya (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup coconut milk
- Add frozen bananas, papaya, maple syrup (optional), vanilla extract, and coconut milk to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. I recommend using a blender with a tamper (a stick that is inserted into the center) to push the ingredients toward the blades while blending. This helps you use less coconut milk, which creates a thicker and creamier consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses. If desired, add your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- *Use frozen overripe bananas. Ripe bananas have yellow peels with brown spots all over. Remove the peels before storing the bananas in a ziplock bag or container inside the freezer. They will keep fresh for 2-3 months.
- Optional smoothie add-ins: protein powder, greens, almond butter, chia seeds, cacao powder, etc.
- Nutrition information below does not include maple syrup since it is an optional ingredient.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: papaya banana smoothie, papaya smoothie recipe