No bake cookie dough brownies are a healthy dessert recipe! They’re vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and naturally sweetened with dates. The soft, chewy, fudgy brownies are topped with a thick layer of grain-free chocolate chip cookie dough. It’s an easy treat that’s nutritious, made with no refined sugar, no eggs, and ready in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/2 cups medjool dates, packed
- 2 and 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or peanut butter, see notes
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Prepare brownie layer: Add almonds, walnuts, cocoa, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Process until a powdery mixture forms. Add pitted medjool dates. Process until a sticky dough forms; you should be able to pinch it together with your hands. See notes if it’s too dry/crumbly.
- Prepare cookie dough: Add almond flour, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt to a bowl. Mix together until combined. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Assemble: Line a square dish (7×7-inch or 8×8-inch) with parchment paper. Transfer the brownie mixture to the dish. Firmly press it across the base in an even layer. Then, top with the cookie dough. Again, firmly press the cookie dough across the brownie layer.
- Slice the bars: Gently lift the parchment paper out of the dish to remove the bars. Slice and enjoy!
- Soft medjool dates are best. If your dates are dry and hard, you may need to make an adjustment while creating the brownie layer. The mixture should be sticky and capable of being pressed together. If it’s dry and crumbly, add 1 tbsp water, coconut oil, or nut butter to the food processor. Alternatively, you can add a few extra medjool dates. Process the ingredients again until a sticky dough forms.
- You can use any type of nut butter for this recipe, but I recommend cashew butter or peanut butter. Also, a natural nut butter with a runny consistency works best.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 30g
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: no bake cookie dough brownies, vegan cookie brownies