Healthy banana nut muffins are vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make! This one bowl recipe is made with oats, almond flour, overripe bananas, and oat flour. They are moist, fluffy, sweet, and reminiscent of banana bread. Great for kids, meal prep, a healthy snack, or breakfast on the go during busy mornings!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1.5 cups mashed overripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, distilled white vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + more for topping
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with muffin liners.
- Create flax egg: In a large bowl, combine ground flaxseed and water. Stir together, then set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add wet ingredients: Add the mashed overripe banana, almond milk, coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar to the bowl. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add dry ingredients: Add the oat flour, almond flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Mix together just until the flour is evenly incorporated. Do not over-mix the batter. Add chopped walnuts and stir together.
- Bake: Spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling them 3/4 full. Sprinkle extra chopped walnuts on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out nearly clean. After, let the muffins cool before enjoying.
- When measuring the ingredients, do not pack the flour.
- Store muffins in a sealed container or a plastic bag. For the best results, be sure they are cooled completely before storing.
- If you are saving the muffins for more than 3 days, store in the refrigerator. If you are saving them for more than 5 days, store in the freezer. They will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: healthy banana nut muffins, vegan banana muffins, gluten free muffins banana