This creamy lemon pasta recipe is vegan, easy to make, and perfect for busy weeknights! The coconut milk pasta sauce is made with lemon, garlic, and nutritional yeast. It’s bright, fresh, and ready in 30 minutes or less. The whole family will love this light and healthy pasta dish! #veganpasta #vegandinner #lemon #pastarecipe #pastadishes #lemonpasta #pastafoodrecipes #pastasauce #coconutmilk
- 12 oz pasta of choice (gf or grain-free if needed)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Native Forest Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tsp water)*
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3–4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan
- Cook the pasta al dente (or about 1-2 minutes underdone) according to the package instructions. After, drain water and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large pot or skillet, warm the olive oil and minced garlic. Sauté 1-2 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cornstarch mixture to the pot. Stir together and bring to a light boil. Add the cooked pasta and stir together to warm. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix together. Taste and adjust as needed. If you’d like to thin the sauce, feel free to add a few splashes of vegetable broth or coconut milk.
- Serve pasta with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan on top. Enjoy!
- *Cornstarch: You can use cornstarch, arrowroot starch, or tapioca starch.
- Pasta: You can use any type of pasta. I recommend long noodles, like spaghetti or fettuccine.
- Coconut Milk: Be sure to use original or full-fat canned coconut milk, not lite or light coconut milk. If your label doesn’t say original or full-fat, check to make sure it contains 12-14 grams of fat per serving.
- Storage: Pasta is best served immediately after making it. However, leftovers can be stored inside a sealed container in the refrigerator. To reheat, add a splash of water and microwave for 30-60 seconds increments until warm. Be careful not to overcook it.
- The nutrition information is based on 5 servings using 12 oz whole wheat pasta. It will change if you use another type of pasta.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan lemon pasta, creamy lemon pasta recipes, coconut milk pasta sauce