This chickpea cookie dough recipe is healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free! It's made with canned chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, and oat flour (or almond flour). It can be nut-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free. Enjoy it as a cookie dough dip, rolled into balls, or baked as cookies. You'll be surprised by how much this low calorie dessert tastes like real chocolate chip cookie dough! #cookiedough #healthycookiedough #vegancookiedough #cookiedoughdip #chickpeas #desserthummus #dessertdip
- 1 can garbanzo beans (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or cashew butter or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or almond flour)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (optional, but highly recommended!)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans in a fine mesh strainer. For the best flavor, be sure to rinse them thoroughly.
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, peanut butter, oat flour (or almond flour), maple syrup, brown sugar (optional), vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape down the sides of the container, pushing the cookie dough toward the blades, as needed.
- Add chocolate chips to the food processor. Pulse a few times to mix together.
- Transfer the chickpea cookie dough to a bowl or a jar. Enjoy immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Nut butter: I personally prefer the taste of peanut butter, but I think cashew butter makes it taste most like real cookie dough. If you are nut-free, use sunflower seed butter instead.
- How to store: Store inside a tightly-sealed jar or container in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 3-5 days. I don't recommend freezing it.
- Nutrition information: The nutrition facts below uses oat flour and no brown sugar.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: chickpea cookie dough, vegan chickpea cookie dough