Carrot cake truffles are no bake, vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free! The easy recipe is made with healthy ingredients like medjool dates, pecans, walnuts, shredded coconut, and shredded carrots. They are soft, chewy, and taste like carrot cake. Coat these carrot cake balls in white chocolate or chocolate. This spring dessert idea is perfect for Easter! #carrotcake #truffles #energyballs #energybites #nobake #nobakedessert #vegandessert #healthydessert #carrots #easter #easterrecipes
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, tightly packed
- 1 cup shredded carrots (fresh carrots shredded at home)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt (less if your nuts are salted)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or white melting chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients (except white chocolate chips) to a food processor. This includes pecans, walnuts, medjool dates, shredded carrots, shredded coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt,
- Pulse/blend the ingredients until they combine into a sticky dough. You should be able to easily pinch the dough together with your hands. If it isn’t sticky enough, add an extra dash of maple syrup and blend again. If it is too wet, add extra nuts and blend again.
- Using clean hands, scoop and roll the dough into balls. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted through. Alternatively, use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Gently dip each truffle in the melted white chocolate, one at a time. Tap off any excess and set aside. Sprinkle on any topping of your choosing to decorate (like shredded coconut, sprinkles, or crushed pecans). Let the truffles set at room temperature (or chill in the refrigerator to set quickly). Enjoy!
- Shredded carrots: You should use fresh carrots and shred them yourself at home. I don’t recommend buying pre-shredded carrots.
- White chocolate: I recommend using white melting chocolate, since it is the cleanest and easiest type of white chocolate for coating truffles. If you only have regular white chocolate chips, you may find it helpful to add the 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (or butter) in order to thin the consistency. Alternatively, you can use dark chocolate chips instead.
- How to store them: Store the truffles inside a sealed container in the refrigerator. Enjoy within one week. If you would like to store them longterm, keep inside a sealed ziplock bag. Enjoy within up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: carrot cake truffles, carrot cake energy balls