Vegan vanilla frosting is fluffy, creamy, super sweet, and infused with rich vanilla flavor! Learn how to make vegan vanilla buttercream at home with just 4 ingredients. It’s easy to make, dairy-free, gluten-free, and ready in 10 minutes. Use this easy recipe to frost cakes, cupcakes, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and so much more!
- Chop the vegan butter into cubes and add to a large bowl.
- Using a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add vanilla extract and salt to the bowl. Beat together until combined.
- Add 2 cups sifted powdered sugar to the bowl. Beat together until evenly combined. Then, add the remaining powdered sugar and beat together again. If needed, add splashes of non-dairy milk to thin the frosting.
- Spread frosting on cake, cupcakes, or any dessert of your choice. Enjoy!
- I strongly encourage you to use vegan butter sticks rather than margarine from a tub. Tub butter is greasy and melts easily. I always use Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks.
- Be sure to sift the powdered sugar in order to remove any clumps.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: vegan vanilla frosting, vegan buttercream frosting