This vegan vanilla chia pudding is an easy, healthy, and filling breakfast. Start your morning off right with this nutritious, 4-ingredient recipe! Simply combine chia seeds, nondairy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
What is Chia Pudding?
Chia pudding is simply chia seeds soaked in liquid. Typically, chia pudding is the combination of black chia seeds + plant milk (such as almond milk). The chia seeds are soaked in the liquid for at least 20 minutes (or overnight) which creates a pudding-like consistency.
From my experience, the perfect ratio for chia pudding is 1:4. This ratio of chia seeds to plant milk creates a thick, creamy texture every time. For example, the measurements below follow a 1:4 ratio.
- 1/4 cup chia seeds + 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds + 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup chia seeds + 4 cups almond milk
It’s that simple! Follow this 1:4 rule and your chia seed pudding will be perfect every time. You can mix in additional ingredients to sweeten the chia pudding, such as maple syrup and vanilla extract, too.
How to Make Vanilla Chia Pudding
For the full recipe, scroll down to view the recipe card below.
How to make vanilla chia pudding in 3 easy steps:
- Add all ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients to combine.
- Set aside to thicken for 20 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
Is Chia Pudding Good for You?
Yes! Chia pudding is quite a nutritious meal. In fact, starting your day with a fiber-rich food, like chia seeds, may even be beneficial for weight loss.
This particular vanilla chia pudding recipe contains 4 ingredients: chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. These ingredients are vegan, keto, paleo, and gluten-free.
The chia seeds are filled with healthy nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Almond milk contains several vitamins and minerals, as well. Lastly, I use maple syrup because I find it to be one of the “healthier” sweeteners in comparison to overly-processed sugars.
Top this vegan vanilla chia pudding with your favorite fruit! I love pairing it with a variety of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. You could also add nut butter, coconut flakes, or dairy-free yogurt on top.
This is an easy, quick recipe. The chia seed pudding will be ready to consume after just 20 minutes of setting. However, you can store it in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy it the next day. This makes it a great option for a healthy, on-the-go breakfast!
Here are a couple options for ingredient swaps:
- Instead of maple syrup, you can use another liquid sweetener. Agave nectar, coconut nectar, or honey (if you are not vegan) will also work.
- I recommend using almond milk, but coconut milk and cashew milk are the second best options.
More easy vegan breakfast recipes:
If you try this Vegan Vanilla Chia Pudding, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below! Ready for more? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow along on Instagram and YouTube!Print
This vegan vanilla chia pudding is an easy, healthy breakfast. It is packed with fiber and nutrients to keep you satisfied for hours. Enjoy this on-the-go recipe for a busy lifestyle!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk ingredients vigorously until well combined.
- Set aside to thicken for at least 20 minutes. Whisk intermittently.
- Spoon the pudding into cups/jars and add your favorite toppings.
- Store the chia pudding in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator. It should remain fresh for 1-2 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 21g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: vanilla chia pudding, chia seed pudding almond milk, vegan
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, and love!