Vegan sugar cookies are soft, chewy, buttery, and sweet! The easy recipe is made with one bowl and ready in 20 minutes. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free friendly, and made with no eggs. This classic Christmas cookie recipe is not only perfect for the holiday season, but also enjoyed all year round! They’re great for birthday parties, potlucks, and gifting. #vegancookies #cookies #cookierecipes #christmasdesserts #holidaybaking #holidaydesserts #vegandessert
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (or GF all-purpose flour), measured correctly*
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add vegan butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer, cream together until light and fluffy (typically 2-3 minutes on medium speed). Add almond milk and vanilla extract, then cream together once more just to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix together until the flour is evenly incorporated.
- Scoop the cookie dough and roll into 12 balls. Add the extra 1/3 cup granulated sugar to a bowl. Generously roll each ball of cookie dough in the granulated sugar, then transfer to the baking sheets.
- Bake cookies on the middle rack in the oven, one tray at a time, for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven when their edges are beginning to firm but the center still looks underbaked. The cookies will be very puffy! This is totally normal. Lift the baking sheet 2 feet above the countertop and drop it. Repeat this action 6-7 times. This will force the cookies to slightly crack and de-puff while cooling, creating a delicious soft and chewy texture. Let the cookies cool before devouring. Enjoy!
- *Be sure to measure the flour correctly. Flour should never be scooped or packed into a measuring cup, as that will result in way too much flour. Instead, add spoonfuls of flour into the measuring cup until you reach the amount needed. Level off the top with a flat surface, such as the back of a knife.
- I recommend baking the cookies one tray at a time on the middle rack in your oven. This allows the cookies to bake evenly and helps you achieve the best results.
- For a soft and chewy texture, be sure to remove the cookies from the oven while the center still appears slightly underbaked. Don’t forget to drop the baking sheet against the countertop 6-7 times before cooling.
- Do not skip rolling the cookie dough in extra granulated sugar. This is essential for a sweet and authentic sugar cookie flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: vegan sugar cookies, dairy-free sugar cookies, vegan christmas cookies