These no bake vegan snickers bars are healthy, gluten-free, and easy to make! The chewy nougat base is topped with salted medjool date caramel and roasted peanuts. Cover the homemade candy bars in melted chocolate and enjoy!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 10 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Prepare the nougat layer: Combine rolled oats, medjool dates, and peanut butter in a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms. You should be able to pinch the dough together with your hands. If your dates are quite dry, you may need to add 1-2 water for extra moisture. This will help you achieve a sticky dough.
- Line a loaf pan or a small rectangular dish with parchment paper. Firmly press the nougat into the base of the pan.
- Prepare the caramel layer: Add medjool dates, vanilla extract, maca powder, and salt to the food processor. Process until a smooth caramel forms. If needed, scrape down the sides of the container and push the dates toward the center blades. Process again. Repeat until a smooth consistency forms.
- Spread the caramel over the nougat. Gently press roasted peanuts over the caramel layer. Store in the freezer for at least 1 hour to set. After, lift the parchment paper out of the pan and slice the snickers block into 8 bars.
- Melt the chocolate: Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until almost all of the chocolate chips are melted. This should only require 2-3 intervals. Do not burn the chocolate.
- Gently dip each snickers bar into the melted chocolate. Be sure to evenly coat all four sides. Place onto parchment paper. Store in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Enjoy!
- Keep the snickers bars stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
- For smaller treats, you can slice the snickers crosswise into 16 “fun size” bars.
- Serving Size: 1/2 bar
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 37g
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan snickers bars, snickers bar recipe, vegan nougat