This vegan pumpkin pasta is a creamy, savory, and delicious fall recipe! It’s packed with healthy dairy-free ingredients like pumpkin puree, raw cashews, and nutritional yeast. It tastes like a cross between pumpkin alfredo and pumpkin mac and cheese!
- 16 oz pasta (1 lb)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp mellow white miso paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Vegan parmesan, for garnish
- Fresh sage, for garnish
- Bring at least 1 cup of water to a boil. Add cashews to a bowl. Pour boiling water over the cashews. Soak cashews for 15 minutes. After, drain the water.
- Warm the olive oil and diced onion in a skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Add soaked cashews, pumpkin puree, plant-based milk, nutritional yeast, miso paste, salt, pepper, and paprika to the blender. Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Pour the sauce and cooked pasta into a pot. Warm on medium-low heat and stir to combine.
- Serve the pumpkin pasta with vegan parmesan and fresh chopped sage. Enjoy!
- The nutrition information below reflects the use of chickpea pasta.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 457
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 69
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pasta, vegan pumpkin mac and cheese, pumpkin alfredo