Vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of the BEST fall desserts! The easy recipe is made with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and loaded with chocolate chips. These fall cookies are soft, chewy, gooey, and great for cozy baking. Enjoy them during the autumn season or for Halloween and Thanksgiving! #pumpkin #pumpkinspice #chocolatechipcookies #vegancookies #pumpkindessert #falldesserts #fallbaking
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or GF all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together (about 1-2 minutes). Add pumpkin purée and vanilla extract. Cream together once more to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet batter, mixing until evenly combined. Then, add the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Scoop the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough into balls and transfer to the baking sheet. (See notes for baking tips.)
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes on the middle rack of your oven. Remove cookies from the oven while they still appear slightly underbaked. Then, bang the baking sheet against the counter 4-5 times. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet while cooling down. They will firm up, de-puff, and become chewier while cooling. Enjoy!
- Baking tips: I recommend baking 10 large cookies. Scoop the cookie dough into 10 balls, then bake 5 cookies (one tray at a time) on the middle rack in your oven.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 38g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, vegan fall desserts