The BEST vegan pumpkin bread recipe is healthy, easy, and gluten-free friendly! It’s super moist, fluffy, and loaded with fall flavors. This fall baking recipe is made with pantry staples like pumpkin puree, coconut oil, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice. It’s simple, made with one bowl, and great for beginners. Enjoy this pumpkin loaf for breakfast or dessert! #pumpkinbread #pumpkin #pumpkinspice #pumpkinpie #fallbaking #fallrecipes #pumpkinrecipes #vegan #veganbaking #glutenfree
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil*
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking flour)** (272 grams)
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup toppings (crushed pecans, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. This will prevent the pumpkin bread from sticking to the pan. Also, it will help you easily remove it after baking.
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted coconut oil, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Add all-purpose flour, pumpkin spice, ground cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until evenly incorporated. Do not over-mix. If you over-mix it, the bread may become tough and rubbery instead of light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Spread evenly across the pan. Add your choice of toppings, like crushed pecans, pumpkin seeds, or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. After, remove from the oven and let cool completely inside the pan. Gently remove the pumpkin bread from the pan and slice. Enjoy!
- *Melt the coconut oil first, then measure it. To melt coconut oil, microwave for 35-45 seconds.
- **Measure the flour correctly. Do not scoop or pack flour into your measuring cup. Instead, gently spoon it into the cup and level off any excess flour. For the best results, use a food scale to weigh the flour. 2 cups of flour weighs 272 grams.
- Store leftovers inside a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you would like it to last longer, store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For longterm storage, tightly cover in cling wrap and store inside a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer. It will keep for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, gluten-free pumpkin bread, vegan recipes with pumpkin